Cerulean Cape levitation
Pledged
Party City
1,547 Posts
Ooc — xynien
He knew. Reverie's eyes filled with guilt and grief; she had tried so hard to shield him from this, but perhaps she should have known that it would be for nothing. How could she tell him the truth?
The ugly, bitter, impossible to swallow truth that she had come to accept since that day in the water with Riordan: that this was her own fault.
Riordan had told her nothing, but Reverie had lingered on the encounter for a long while. Eventually the memories started to stir, and she began to connect the dots in her own slow and winding fashion. What could she have done to cause such damage to her body? There were the symptoms to consider, but also the timing of it, which she only vaguely remembered. But she knew that it had started with Blossom. It had started with the daughter whose existence should not have been possible; Reverie was too young to have a child and yet she had, she did, and she had never truly stopped to question that until so very recently. Riordan's words, a background chorus to her slow realization:
Do you have any idea what you've done to yourself?
I love you, She whispered first, touching her nose to Lestan's cheek, her heart breaking to see him so distraught over this. But it - it isn't being here that's making me sick, Lestan. It's... Her touch fell away and her eyes drifted of their own accord, and found Blossom.
I didn't mean to, Reverie said a little dully. I didn't know what I was doing, I think, but I've always thought that - that Blossom has something a little bit magical about her. After I talked to Riordan, I started to remember things. I - I think I hurt myself very badly, when I - with her. I was - well, physically, too young - so it had to be magic. And it's my own fault, Riordan said that. He said that I did this to myself.
I haven't remembered how to fix it yet, but I think I will soon. Riordan knows, but he... he didn't tell me, Her voice turned a little rough with those words, tinged with something adjacent to anger but not quite there. He knows things that he won't tell me. He called me the sundancer. I think he wants to - to make me accept him back into my life, by only telling me a little bit at a time. But I don't want to let him. I want to remember on my own - and then I can fix it.
You must touch divinity.
She found she could not look away from Blossom.
Messages In This Thread
levitation - by Lestan - May 14, 2023, 09:00 PM
RE: levitation - by Reverie - May 14, 2023, 09:09 PM
RE: levitation - by Lestan - May 14, 2023, 09:20 PM
RE: levitation - by Reverie - May 14, 2023, 09:26 PM
RE: levitation - by Lestan - May 14, 2023, 09:32 PM
RE: levitation - by Reverie - May 14, 2023, 09:36 PM
RE: levitation - by Lestan - May 14, 2023, 09:53 PM
RE: levitation - by Reverie - May 14, 2023, 10:01 PM
RE: levitation - by Lestan - May 14, 2023, 10:12 PM
RE: levitation - by Reverie - May 14, 2023, 10:24 PM
RE: levitation - by Lestan - May 14, 2023, 10:41 PM