Cerulean Cape I think that she knows I'm out of control
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Away
Private 
Let me know if I should change anything, I figured their last thread is far enough to make assumptions & wanted to pop this up <3
Something had changed. Reverie could not put a name to it, but she felt it all the same. The opening of herself to @Lestan had been more like the opening of a door, one which held behind it the answers to so many questions she had not yet thought to ask. The next time she slept — soon after their conversation, tucked firmly against Lestan, because it had drained the energy from her — she dreamed again of before.
She dreamed a story of love across worlds.
A young spirit, a shy thing, a bright flash of sunlight flitting between the clouds, hiding behind them; peering around, peering down at a lake of fire and a boy who danced around it. There were other boys, of course, but there was something quite special about this one. If she looked at him just right, not quite from the corners of her vision but nearly, she could see it shimmering all around him. Light and color and flowers arranged in blue and gold, swaying gently from the tines of antlers that glistened darkly with blood. And when the sunlight caught him, he glowed. He was Mayfair, one of those few who caught the eye of those who existed outside of his world.
Yes, there was something quite special about this boy. But she was distractible then, even more than now, and the girl in the reverie had looked away. Just for a moment, she'd thought, but what use did such beings have for any concept of time?
She looked back and found darkness. The boy had become a man stricken by tragedy, that shimmering aura dimmed, and she'd had to look hard to see it at all. She had wanted nothing more than to go to him then, but how could she? In the flower world she was true and real, but in his world — nothing but a flash of light, a shifting of the winds.
"Bring him here, then -"
Reverie woke with a start before she could see who had spoken, but the urgency stayed with her. Lestan, She looked to see if he was asleep, to rouse him if he was. Lestan.
Messages In This Thread
I think that she knows I'm out of control - by Reverie - May 15, 2023, 08:08 PM