Totoka River You are exactly what I want: kinda cool and kinda not
Pledged
1,536 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She did not understand at first.
And then she did, and then her eyes were welling with tears again as he continued. He sounded very far away, somehow. Reverie shook her head. They're - they're just babies, Lestan, they haven't done anything - Her voice rose with emotion and broke. The Gilded Sea; fire and gold and terror and guilt and dread, so much dread for a future she could only imagine within the boundaries of that horrible place.
My - my parents were - horrible. Do you think that - that makes me - Like them; tainted by them, unworthy of love, deserving of nothing more than the misery into which she'd been born. Reverie trembled, and could not look at Lestan. She looked instead at Everett, turning her sudden ire to him — And you, She nearly growled the words. You wanted out of my life, didn't you, Everett? So - so stay out of it. And now she curled protectively around the children, afraid that Lestan or her brother would try to take them from her. She would not send them off into the unknown. She would not.
They'd already been abandoned once.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You are exactly what I want: kinda cool and kinda not - by Reverie - June 22, 2023, 04:18 PM