Totoka River You are exactly what I want: kinda cool and kinda not
Pledged
1,536 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Swallowing back the swell of sickness in her throat, Reverie could only watch as the two men fretted over the child. Her eyes were dull now as she looked over each of them, a bone-deep exhaustion settling over her. Even now Lestan spoke only of Blossom. Perhaps it was only for her that he stayed, only for her that he worried at all about Reverie's eventual fate.
If he did not love her, she did not want to live.
Even in her despair Reverie clung to the hope that she was mistaken, that he did love her, that it would all be okay. She nodded mutely to Lestan's last words, and reached for him. Quiet tears soaked into the fur at her cheeks. Yes. I want to go home. I want you to hold me. I want - She broke off with a small pained gasp and truly started to sob, seeking to bury her face in Lestan's fur if he'd let her. He was upset, she knew this, but even so she sought comfort from him.
There was no one else to comfort her; she'd cast aside everyone else who'd tried to love her in pursuit of this.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You are exactly what I want: kinda cool and kinda not - by Reverie - June 23, 2023, 09:34 AM