Wapun Meadow Watching as I comb through the pieces on the beach
Pledged
1,536 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
For @Evander & @Boone <3 powerplay with permission
She woke early with a fire in her veins, rising with the sun to tend to Blossom before leaving her in the care of a trusted family member. Reverie felt revitalized in the valley she'd once called home. She wanted to see it again; she wanted to share it with Boone.
So she found him and urged him past the borders with her, promising to show him one of her favorite places in the valley. She led him through the neighboring forest, flitting ahead and then back with soft touches of her nose to his cheek, his shoulder; showing him all the little creeks and the clearings, the familiar paths cut through the land by other valley dwellers. Then they broke past the treeline and into the meadow.
She went still and let out a breath; she'd never seen it this way, in full bloom, all the colors in the world scattered across a blanket of greenery. Oh, I haven't been here since winter... Reverie said softly. Her eyes filled with tears. She glanced over her shoulder at Boone, and a surge of excitement lit all her veins. Come on. She urged, darting toward the field of flowers without a second thought.
Reverie didn't make it very far; she reached the flowers and, delighted, let herself tumble forward and hit the grass. She rolled a few times, sending flowers flying everywhere. When she finally stopped Reverie found herself on her back, fur strewn with petals and blades of grass. She rolled around a few more times for good measure, giggling breathlessly, and popped her head up to look for Boone. A single flower, slightly crushed, hung from where it had tangled into the fur at her ear.
Messages In This Thread
Watching as I comb through the pieces on the beach - by Reverie - September 05, 2023, 12:05 AM