Hushed Willows Show me the places where the others gave you scars.
Pledged
1,536 Posts
Ooc — xynien
For a moment she'd almost forgotten. But Wayfarer's concern immediately reminded Reverie of her own battered state, and her expression turned somber. Oh, um, Heat crept over her ears and cheeks, but she accepted the silent offer of help and leaned against Wayfarer's shoulder. It was a relief to take some of the weight off of her uninjured legs — but embarrassing. Her pulse quickened a little at the proximity; she tried to swallow the feeling as she went on. There was a - a cat. A mountain lion, I think. It chased me and - I fell.

But I'll be okay, really. Boone has been taking care of me, Reverie brightened a little as she said it, eager to reassure the woman she already thought of as a friend. Her gaze drifted over the tufted ears and sunset-colored eyes; she was very aware of the warmth of Wayfarer's shoulder against her own, the scents of the wilds woven into her fur. Besides - I'd much rather hear about what you've been up to! Come on, I'll show you the lake, and you can tell me all about your adventures. It's just that way. She gestured with her nose to the west. Maybe Boone would want to meet her — but for some reason the thought made her skin prickle uncomfortably.

Would it be so terrible to keep Wayfarer to herself?

Yes, Reverie decided, and put the thought out of her mind.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Show me the places where the others gave you scars. - by Reverie - October 19, 2023, 05:39 PM