Hushed Willows Call it post-traumatic, now it's do or die
Pledged
Party City
1,546 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Her eyes fell to the fox first when Kyrell came to greet her, and her stomach churned. It'd been days since she'd eaten anything, days since she'd even thought of it, but... a fox? Reverie averted her eyes, a little unsettled by the abrupt intensity of the craving.

It was easy enough to put her focus elsewhere when Kyrell spoke, at least. She managed a sad smile. I'm managing, Barely, but she left that part unspoken. I see our caches are well-guarded. Thank you. Soft, genuine words; Reverie had asked this of him because it was the most essential task in keeping Hearthwood alive. They would be nothing if they all starved.

She sighed, gaze turning thoughtful as it drifted back to the trees. Sometimes I think chaos follows me. When I lived at Swiftcurrent Creek in the valley to the east, there was this - witch. She wanted Blossom - she was just a newborn then, and the witch terrorized the whole pack looking for her. It was all a crazy mess, A faint laugh slipped from her at how strange it sounded now. I guess this isn't as crazy as that. But I'd take a witch over my husband nearly dying any day. I probably could've, you know, kicked her or something.

But - She turned somber then. What happened to Reina and Boone - I don't want it to happen again. This is um, really Boone's domain more than mine, but he's - well. I think we should try to make sure everyone can defend themselves. But I only know one wolf who might be able to help, and I don't know if he'd want to help. The Beta of Swiftcurrent Creek, Arric.

I thought we might offer something in return, but I don't know if we're in a position to do that... They'd already given gifts to Moonglow, but those had been promised before all this. Reverie was thinking aloud now, not truly expecting Kyrell to answer. She couldn't have these conversations with Boone, not now. Even if all the Punk could offer was his support, she would be grateful for it.
Messages In This Thread
Call it post-traumatic, now it's do or die - by Reverie - January 10, 2024, 01:23 AM
RE: Call it post-traumatic, now it's do or die - by Kyrell - January 10, 2024, 02:01 AM
RE: Call it post-traumatic, now it's do or die - by Reverie - January 10, 2024, 10:55 PM
RE: Call it post-traumatic, now it's do or die - by Kyrell - January 14, 2024, 08:04 PM
RE: Call it post-traumatic, now it's do or die - by Kyrell - February 14, 2024, 11:01 PM