Hushed Willows Call it post-traumatic, now it's do or die
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie was filled with her own gentle surprise as Kyrell made his assertion. A flush crept over her ears and cheeks. Hearthwood had always been Boone's pack more than hers; his dream that she worked to bring to life if only to see him content. Her choice would have been Kvarsheim, if not to wander forever and see all the world.

Instead she had followed him out from the center of it all to — here. Nowhere Town, The Mountains. Not even really the mountains, but some far-flung forgotten corner tucked between taiga and ocean; an identity crisis of an ecosystem with scarcely a soul around to witness it. But somehow they'd made a home of it. Somehow they'd brought others together. Somehow she'd found friends among this great stretch of nothing.

Hearthwood wouldn't be the same without you.

It meant more to her than she could ever say. Thanks, Kyrell, She murmured, eyes shining with the beginnings of tears. But in the next moment she blinked them away and tried to focus on the conversation at hand. Arric. Yeah, I thought he might be able to help teach some of us... I certainly can't teach anyone about fighting. He um - he's like family to me, but it's... complicated, too. The alpha of Swiftcurrent Creek, Akavir, kind of hates me - and they've always been close.

So I don't know if Arric will help or not, A faint, bitter smile accompanied her words. But I think it's worth trying. When um, when Boone is more stable, I might go there myself to ask... It would be unfair, she felt, to ask anyone else to walk into such an awkward situation.

Do you think you could check in on him while I'm gone? She asked next, anxiety creeping into her tone. The thought of being parted from Boone for any amount of time was almost too much to bear.
Messages In This Thread
Call it post-traumatic, now it's do or die - by Reverie - January 10, 2024, 01:23 AM
RE: Call it post-traumatic, now it's do or die - by Kyrell - January 10, 2024, 02:01 AM
RE: Call it post-traumatic, now it's do or die - by Kyrell - January 14, 2024, 08:04 PM
RE: Call it post-traumatic, now it's do or die - by Reverie - January 16, 2024, 12:58 AM
RE: Call it post-traumatic, now it's do or die - by Kyrell - February 14, 2024, 11:01 PM