Hushed Willows And I don't care, I just gotta figure out a window to break out
Pledged
Party City
1,546 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Dusty is temporarily NPC so I will be powerplaying him here with permission!
Kyrell was the first to arrive. Reverie greeted him with a soft smile, equal parts sympathy and reassurance. Her own eyes were red-rimmed from crying, exhaustion written into her expression; they were all in mourning, all those who had known Boone. He'd been their leader.

She nodded her greetings to Abel and Dusty Rose, and took in a deep breath. Her voice wavered slightly as she began. I'm sure you all know by now that - that Boone is gone, Reverie swallowed hard. It was the first time she'd been able to say the words aloud. Her eyes shone with unshed tears. I don't know if we'll ever find him.

I'll be honest: Hearthwood is his pack. His dream. It won't be the same without him, and I won't pretend it is. I can't - I can't run this pack the way he wanted it, She wiped away a few stray falling tears, taking a moment to collect herself before she fell into hysterics again. There's going to be some changes. A simpler way of living. And if - if we ever find Boone, if he ever comes back to us - then it'll be his pack again, the way he pictured it.

For now I have to try to - to keep it together. For our daughters, Her gaze flitted briefly to the newborns at her flank, then back to her packmates. If you don't want to stay, I understand. This won't be the same pack you joined. And Boone - he's - he was our leader. Reverie's voice turned tremulous again as she went on, but she tried to smile, remembering her husband with a bitter fondness now. Boone had been the leader everyone wanted to follow, their protector, their guide. He was good at it. I - I was just here to make friends.

I've asked my brother, Everett, to lead the pack with me. I know he hasn't been with us for very long, but I trust him, and I hope that you'll all come to trust him too, She searched each of their expressions, anxious now. And I'm still the same wolf who brought you all here. I can't promise I'll be perfect, but I'll - I'll do my best. Reverie wasn't sure that her best would ever be good enough. But what else could she do but try?
Messages In This Thread
RE: And I don't care, I just gotta figure out a window to break out - by Reverie - March 03, 2024, 03:36 PM