Hushed Willows Don't be long, for the end is nigh
Pledged
1,542 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Powerplaying the babies! We're gonna pretend this thread is more recent than it is bc I want talking babies
Reverie turned at once to lead him closer to the den, calling out for her daughters. She would only take him close to the entrance, not wanting to disturb Everett within, but her own protective instinct had largely settled as her girls grew older. It didn't bother her to hear that Dusty Rose had already met one of them — nor did it surprise her.

Dahlia or Foxglove, I'd guess, She laughed softly, watching them poke their little heads from the den one by one. They're restless, I think. It's in the blood. I was already traveling with my family when I was their age. Back in my day, we walked four miles through fire to school every day — or something like that.

This is - @Dahlia, be nice, please, Her grey daughter was naturally the first out of the den, silently wary until she drew closer and gathered the confidence to yell at the man. It was mostly gibberish, but Reverie understood the point well enough to be embarrassed.

Foxglove was right behind her sister. While Reverie took Dahlia into her arms in an effort to keep her from outright assaulting Dusty Rose, Fox trotted up to him with an unmistakable familiarity. SMELLIROSIE, she called him (Reverie had already regretted teaching her the word smelly several times over, but never more than that moment), and bent over to smell his paws loudly.

That's Foxglove, Reverie laughed, guiding Dahlia back toward the den.

Her shyest daughter crept into the light last and only watched from afar. And this is @Petal, Reverie called over her shoulder to Dusty Rose as she ushered Dahlia back into the den, urging her to find Everett. Then she glanced to Petal. Go on, then. Go say hi.

But Petal only stayed where she was, watching her sisters.
Messages In This Thread
Don't be long, for the end is nigh - by Reverie - April 05, 2024, 03:23 PM
RE: Don't be long, for the end is nigh - by Dusty Rose - April 08, 2024, 10:21 AM
RE: Don't be long, for the end is nigh - by Reverie - April 11, 2024, 04:22 PM
RE: Don't be long, for the end is nigh - by Dusty Rose - April 11, 2024, 09:41 PM
RE: Don't be long, for the end is nigh - by Reverie - April 17, 2024, 09:18 AM
RE: Don't be long, for the end is nigh - by Dusty Rose - April 19, 2024, 10:49 PM
RE: Don't be long, for the end is nigh - by Reverie - April 24, 2024, 05:20 PM
RE: Don't be long, for the end is nigh - by Dusty Rose - April 24, 2024, 06:28 PM
RE: Don't be long, for the end is nigh - by Reverie - May 05, 2024, 03:12 PM