Emberwood We'll go to a place that is safe from greed, anger, and boredom
Pledged
Party City
1,546 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Forward dated to Rev's return from scouting! Not very long but idk dates today don't @ me. Some powerplay, let me know if it's not okay!
The morning after her unceremonious return to the Emberwood, Reverie rose early to catch breakfast for her daughters. She left them with Everett, a kiss to each of their little heads, and a firm reminder for them all to stay close to their uncle. Foxglove was particularly solemn in her promise.

It was afternoon by the time she called out for @Akavir, standing along the edges of the woods near Swiftcurrent Creek's borders. When he arrived, she greeted him with a wordless beckoning for him to follow. Enough time had passed now to show him what she had done weeks ago. And she still wasn't quite sure why she wanted to show him.

She could have left him to his ignorance. Should have, really, after what he'd said to her. But losing her father had only strengthened her resolve. She would give him this, and nothing more.

Reverie led him to a little clearing, an unassuming and easily overlooked spot where the sunlight broke through the canopy in broad shafts of pale gold. In the center, a little tree sapling stood no higher than a wolf's shoulder, supported for now by a thick branch wedged into the ground beside it. Frail as it was in its infancy, it was flourishing with a burst of delicate pale green leaves. One day it would stand as tall as the trees around it — long after the wolves who had known Moss were gone.

Finding a tree sapling hadn't been the most difficult feat in the lush forest. Uprooting it and replanting it had been another matter entirely. But it had survived the ordeal, somehow.

I buried Moss here. When - when I first found out. As much of her as I could.

She stepped back as she said it, half intending to leave him alone with the memorial. Their camp was far enough, and this was neutral ground. There was no reason for her to stay.

And she was certain neither of them wanted to share in this particular grief. It just felt right for him to know that this existed. He'd loved Moss, too.
Messages In This Thread
We'll go to a place that is safe from greed, anger, and boredom - by Reverie - May 02, 2024, 03:09 PM