Valley of Gold [m] I need not one thing more
1,550 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She did know — but the reminder was what she'd needed to hear all the same. Reverie pressed her face into Dusty Rose's fur as he spoke. No one you love is ever gonna hurt you again. She'd thought once that she would give him everything if he would only stay. Now she realized that she would give him everything simply because she wanted him to have it. No — because it was his already, and maybe it always had been, and they just hadn't known it until the day he'd found her and greeted her as if she was a place he had left on a jaunt and was now returning to, weary but joyful.

I want to - to forget everything that isn't - us. Everything that isn't ours, She confessed softly after her own small silence. I know you'll treat me right. You always do. That's - that's why I'm yours. Why I left everything to be with you. Because... you understand me, and I know you'll never hurt me. And sometimes I feel like my whole life before I met you was pointless, because now that you're here, nothing else is worth trying for. Not compared to you.

And even if it wasn't pointless, it was... it was miserable, and confusing, and lonely, and I don't want to carry it anymore, Reverie took in a slow breath, heart skipping a little with nerves as she clarified her confession a final time: I guess what I mean is that - that I'd be happier pretending my life was never about anything but you.
Messages In This Thread
[m] I need not one thing more - by Reverie - May 22, 2024, 08:18 PM
RE: I need not one thing more - by Dusty Rose - May 22, 2024, 08:56 PM
RE: I need not one thing more - by Reverie - May 22, 2024, 09:11 PM
RE: I need not one thing more - by Dusty Rose - May 22, 2024, 10:31 PM
RE: I need not one thing more - by Reverie - May 24, 2024, 02:46 PM
RE: [m] I need not one thing more - by Dusty Rose - May 24, 2024, 03:08 PM
RE: [m] I need not one thing more - by Reverie - May 24, 2024, 03:56 PM
RE: [m] I need not one thing more - by Dusty Rose - May 24, 2024, 04:42 PM
RE: [m] I need not one thing more - by Reverie - May 24, 2024, 07:35 PM
RE: [m] I need not one thing more - by Dusty Rose - May 24, 2024, 07:43 PM
RE: [m] I need not one thing more - by Reverie - May 24, 2024, 08:11 PM