Emberwood one in a million
1,550 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It took everything she had to avoid laughing just then. Somehow she managed it, though her smile was in her voice as she spoke. Oh, I don't know everything. Not yet, anyway, Reverie did laugh then, just a little. She doubted she ever truly would know everything, but she certainly wouldn't stop trying.

It's just that life teaches you all sorts of lessons. And then when you have kids, you - try to pass that on. So that your kids don't have to learn those lessons by making mistakes, That was what good parents did, anyway. It was what her own parents had tried to do. Reverie could only hope that the things she'd taken from her own experiences weren't quite so twisted and damaging as what she'd been taught in The Gilded Sea. She'd been confident about that, once. She wasn't so sure anymore.

But that didn't matter as much as keeping her daughters safe.

That's why I try to teach you what I know. So you don't have to make as many mistakes as I did. You'll still make your own mistakes - everyone does. But that just means one day you'll know even more than I do. She hoped.
Messages In This Thread
one in a million - by Dahlia - May 09, 2024, 10:41 AM
RE: one in a million - by Reverie - May 10, 2024, 01:09 AM
RE: one in a million - by Dahlia - May 22, 2024, 06:42 PM
RE: one in a million - by Reverie - May 28, 2024, 03:46 PM
RE: one in a million - by Dahlia - May 28, 2024, 04:08 PM
RE: one in a million - by Reverie - May 29, 2024, 02:33 PM
RE: one in a million - by Dahlia - May 30, 2024, 10:57 AM