Sun Mote Copse And if heaven would not have us I would take the other option
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Following along behind Elfie- but staying slightly to the side, so that it didn't look like he was shadowing Elfie the same way he might trail behind his mother- Bronco gazed this way and that, seeking a safer way to get down to the river where the surface rippled in a gentle, lackadaisical way, rather than the tumultuous current that might sweep the boys away. He picked his way down the slope after Elfie did, careful not to slip up as doing so might make him seem clumsy and childish. When one of his hind feet did give out on loose ground, he was able to catch himself and put a 'no one saw that, right?' look on his face, before feigning a look of calm confidence that he deigned suitable for the occasion. He wanted to seem like one of the cooler kids in the pack- it might elevate his status a bit, given that he and Nellie were the last kids to be born. 

He waded into the water carefully, nodding along with the instructions Elfie gave him. "Yup. I know," He claimed casually. Niamh had shown him how to fish, though he hadn't had any success with doing anything apart from terrifying minnows and sending frogs scattering into the bullrushes and water, ruining any chance that his mother might catch something. He was older now, though- and more responsible. And he was ready to be more serious with Elfie around, where he had previously taken some delight in spoiling his mother's day. "Jus' gotta be patient," He said, finally using some of the advice that Niamh had begged him to use. If only she could see him now- proof that the kid could actually retain some of the information that she had previously assumed simply floated over his ears. He stood a few paces away from Elfie, and began to stare at the water's rippling surface with concern and concentration, willing for a fish to come into his pouncing range.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And if heaven would not have us I would take the other option - by RIP Bronco - November 05, 2019, 04:02 PM