Firefly Glen an honest man
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra heard him, heard his rage, and her gaze shifted to him. In time, she agreed. Hydra would see to it as best as she could. Hydra had not sought to rile him, but rather to inform him so he did not go into this without knowing the manner of the woman it was they dealt with. The plot of the seawitch was more than just the removal of a bloodline, but the besmirching of it. For now, Hydra was a step ahead of her—but for how long would that last? For Hydra, vengeance and justice were one of the same in this moment. Hydra had no vengeance to execute, but justice... that, she would have. That way, she need not worry for the former. 

He accepted her offer, and for that Hydra was glad. Hydra could not imagine Valette would be pleased with her son for his decisions, or even she herself for her enabling of it... but she would not let him go into the fray alone. Hydra would fight alongside Theseus, and teach him the ways of battle. That was what she would do for Valette; more than that, she would help the woman get her justice, too. 

As he spoke of his lack of training, she was not at all surprised. Nikai, after all, knew little himself and he too had come from Easthollow. Instincts could only get a wolf so far, though, in a true fight—and in one for survival, which it might surely come to, far more than that was needed. I will train you, she hummed, pausing. You must learn to fight well before you pursue this woman in full, Theseus. She has incapacitated a wolf the size of a bear; she is an expert, and will make quick work of anyone without the proper training, she forewarned. That much, Hydra was certain of. Caiaphas had not been in full strength even then; no doubt she, too, had been starving like so many were. 

And she was not alone. She was alongside someone who had already killed; who knew how many times? Looking to Theseus, which now she did, she felt certain that he had yet to kill another in his lifetime beyond prey. His rage had found no proper recourse, no one had bled for their wrongdoings against he and his ilk. Could he? I want to know, she said then, her gaze still holding him, her voice dark: do you know what we must do? How this must end? Did he understand that the end to this fight must be the deaths of the three who waged such violence against the innocents?
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
an honest man - by Hydra - December 01, 2019, 05:31 PM
RE: an honest man - by Merrit - December 02, 2019, 10:16 PM
RE: an honest man - by Hydra - December 03, 2019, 11:10 AM
RE: an honest man - by Merrit - December 13, 2019, 10:26 PM
RE: an honest man - by Hydra - December 18, 2019, 10:23 AM