Moonspear oh you get into my head, give me feelings that i won't forget
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra nodded, agreeing there wholeheartedly. Blackhead could have taught them this way in their time together at the very least where they adopted her beliefs. I thought so, too, she drawled. Hydra sighed. The wolf that attacked Dacio was all black, and recently injured now too, should you see any lurking too close to here that matches that description. Dacio was able to attack her. But they are good at hiding, and it seems likely that she left; for all of my searching, nothing has come up. She drawled with a lash of her tail. Hydra was a brilliant tracker, but the shade seemed masterful herself at evading. No wonder, if she had been doing it all of her life. She shook her head. It must mean that they were willing to travel to find their quarry, and were fleet-footed enough to do so. Not too terribly large in build then, she imagined, and they knew what they were doing was wrong. Wrong enough to evade once they attacked. 

Hydra, in her youth, had certainly been bloodthirsty. Her ability to hold a grudge, and her desire for retribution, did seem an unshakable thing though. She agrees with him there on his second point too, though. Hydra wanted everyone to become stronger and able to defend themselves. His final point earned a nod, but Hydra thought aloud: that is something I have been thinking on... reason. I do not think they care for it. They roam the wilds, and simply attack those that they must think cannot protect themselves. I do not ask myself if they will attack again; I ask myself when, and who, she hummed with a shake of her head. For all of my desires for everyone to travel in pairs, there are those that simply will not believe in the danger until they face it, and they could get hurt for it. Hydra sighed. She so wished she could be everywhere at once to protect them all; she felt responsible for the hurts her subordinates suffered. For failing to find them, for failing to bring justice to all the young that had been wounded. She wondered what he might think of all of that, as a subordinate and as a wolf who might come to lead. 

I wonder if I am thinking too emotionally about this all, she admitted to him in a breath, after giving him some time to respond. She wanted to acknowledge all that he said, after all. Her changing hormones made her angrier than usual about these events; Hydra would know, soon, that the seed of her mate had taken. I just cannot stand the thought of Spring coming with them out there, she rumbled. Hydra supposed she did not want war so much as she wanted them eliminated cleanly, and efficiently. She did not want more of her own to get hurt, though no matter what way she considered things (short of keeping her subordinates here), it seemed they could get hurt. Not once had they come to Moonspear, though...

She had heard Dragomir, and reasoned with herself that perhaps finding them was not the answer. Why not let them come here, to the Wilderness again? It was a tactical frame of mind... and though the wait might be some time... I think you are right, though. Leaving does seem unwise. If they return... we could deal with them then, she considered. Hydra looked to him and drawled, I had been thinking offensively, too. We have several allies who wish to be rid of the plague that are these wolves. But defense can be the best offense... she could bring them here [to the Wilderness], and here they could all train and prepare. That had already been a part of the plan, but rather than exerting energy to find them... they could wait it out. Wait for them to come. 

The only issue with that was the idea of them hurting more along the way. It was exactly what Hydra did not wish to happen... but perhaps to draw them here, and to get less hurt in the long run... that was the right way of things.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal