Moonspear At the sick bed of Cuchulainn, we'll kneel and say a prayer
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra grins at his response. I think so, too, she hummed. And that she did. Namely Atlas and Antares; one brawn, one stealth. Both quite strong, she imagined. Hydra wondered if Dragomir might wish to partake, but would leave it up to him; his interests seemed less in the physical pursuit lately (not that he did not train, but that he did not call her to train with him as once he had), and she was inclined and happy to let him pursue the path he wished to. That did not mean she would not see if he wished to for herself. 

She considered his question. When had she? I suppose my parents always trained me, whether I knew it or not, she hummed with a grin, or perhaps I always had the spirit of a fighter within me. As a cub, I would rally my sisters to take on whatever stranger came too near to the den, she recalled aloud fondly. But as for when it really began... I was quite young. There was a wolf that trespassed and attacked me; she gave me the notch in my ear, and at that, her ear flicked. I had learned plenty with mother and father before then, but that was when I knew that I wanted to protect, I think. That I did not want any of our own to be hurt by a stranger... or anyone else, for that matter. It became my passion... and I loved it. I loved training with my mother and my father. I often roped Alya and Lyra into it, whether they liked it or not, she quipped. Of course they loved it; they were a physical trio, and always had been. Those had been the good days; not so much carefree, but certainly moreso than now. Looking to him now, Hydra grinned. I also found a friend, @Towhee, who I consider to be like a sister. So, aunt Towhee to you, she drawled, moving to nose him. She and I trained much together. We have quite similar perspectives, she and I. When her own brother killed your aunt Galaxy, she believed where others thought him innocent. I wanted to kill him, but for my friends I did not. It came to be that later in life, he attacked his own pregnant leader... ones true nature will always come to the fore. So, another lesson: trust your instinct. It typically will not lead you astray, if you inherited it from me, she teased, thinking that her mate had brilliant instinct himself. 

Adulthood changed much. Responsibilities shifted, roles changed, and so did perceptions. It was a strange thing, that. I was glad for all of my training then. I felt that if I came across any who hurt my family again, I could deal with them. And I could teach those that I loved to do so, too—so that they could teach those they loved the same, she hummed. All of her family, defenders of one another. Fighters of those that would bring harm to them. Another dream she would like to see become reality.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread