Moonspear heavy as heartbreak
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He did not think so? Perhaps he had not told him the story in full. It had been exhausting day. 

Arcturus and I came across Ying, an ally, in the Wilderness. She was in heat; a man with a half-eaten face, who I had met the day prior, approached her... out of sorts. Arcturus and I aided in getting him away; Revui came then. Ying was in heat, and I suppose I underestimated Arcturus and his feelings toward his brother. I asked that between the two of them, they determine who looked out for her. Ying sought a husband, perhaps in Revui or Arcturus. I had given Revui my blessing if he wished it, and would have preferred that outcome... but I do not pretend to be the decider of fate. If Ying decided upon Arcturus as the one to bring to life the next generation, and it made Arcturus happy... I would have been happy. Arcturus did seem particularly attached to her, she remembered. I was going to seek the cannibal that attacked the male that had approached in the first place. He left a messy trail; I did not want it followed where he could lurk in the Glen, she explained. And when I left, Arcturus and Revui fought. Not a simple tussle, either. Revui returned first, having beaten Arcturus, swollen and torn apart. Arcturus came not long after Revui called demanding his place looking just the same, if not worse. Revui had come to claim Arcturus place here. I would not let that happen, and I said as much; I stood over Revui, sweeping him off of his feet. It was my command to them both to stop their fighting—we have our enemies out for our blood, and they ought to have been our focus, not one another!—but Arcturus disobeyed me. Sought to rip Revui out from under me. I was angry; angry with Revui for his actions, angry with Arcturus for his disobedience. I vented that anger on Revui as I would any Omega; I denied him his request, as he was unfit to lead leaving Arcturus behind to name but one thing... but as Arcturus pulled, I feared he would hurt Revui beyond repair. Not with intention, either. He was angry, so angry... she remembered. Angrier than he had even been with her. I ended the fight before it could continue. I knocked Revui out; before I could turn to Arcturus to speak further, there was a trespasser in our midst. Arcturus simply left, her muzzle wrinkled as she remembered it, and the wolf who trespassed was none other than the wolf that maimed the wolf in the Wilderness. He sought to take a good piece of Jarilo; I was able to get a good piece of him. But this wolf... I was told he eats other wolves, while they are still living to boot. 

Indeed it was dangerous out there. 

She sighed. I spoke with Revui afterward... and I think... perhaps I ought not to have intervened. It was their fight. But I could not stand to lose either one of them, Dirge, not to one another, not like— she shook her head and swallowed thickly. How could Arcturus let this happen? Revui? Why? Had they learned nothing? Her voice was strained as she looked to him then, ears flattening atop her crown, and perhaps I lost them both anyway for all of that... she breathed. But they are alive, she comforted herself. 

Small comfort, that, when knowing that at least one lived in seeming hatred of her.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
heavy as heartbreak - by Hydra - April 06, 2020, 01:16 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Dirge - April 08, 2020, 02:03 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Hydra - April 08, 2020, 02:29 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Dirge - April 08, 2020, 03:13 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Hydra - April 08, 2020, 03:45 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Dirge - April 08, 2020, 03:54 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Hydra - April 08, 2020, 06:44 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Dirge - April 08, 2020, 09:56 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Hydra - April 08, 2020, 10:53 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Dirge - April 08, 2020, 11:19 PM