Moonspear Despite what you've been told, I once had a soul
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It had been his parents, first, to place him there, though Hydra never felt—even then—she had ever done that. Hydra had defended Arcturus, not Revui, albeit a little roughly as he himself had seen. And she had only ever wanted more for him, but he had expressed that these things he did not want; his life was up to him. Suddenly, though, and out of nowhere (to her), everything changed. Even for her siding with Arcturus, it was not seen that way by him... Hydra considered that she ought to speak with him. But in her state, she could not go too far. In any case, she did not think he wished to speak with her. Hydra would not force it. 

Loyalty did come first to Hydra; her mind whirred to shift and come to the conclusion that ultimately, Revui would never be this for their family. Her hopes of him living up to her expectations had died with finality when he left once more. But should he have died for that? Should she have let him potentially kill Arcturus that day, if he got in another successful blow? 

There was no perfect outcome; it was all messy. But everything happened for a reason, she believed. Time would reveal it, as it did all things. What Dragomir said next surprised her, and it showed; he had become like a son to her, but she imagined the events of this changed everything within him, too. Loyalty among it. To her, at least; it had been Arcturus he had sought out first, she considered... 

No. Dragomir was a boy, young still. Her bias toward him did not lead her to the conclusion that this was some betrayal, in the end.

She wanted to say many things herself. Now? Or, Will you wait a while longer?, maybe,  Are you sure?, or perhaps, but you are going to be a big brother, this year..., the last thought, recognized, caused Hydra to say gently instead, Alright... If that is what you wish.  Hydra did not want him to go, for likely many reasons more. But she saw in him what likely he did not see in her.

Still, unbidden, these thoughts came to the matriarch: she could not protect him out there, or keep him safe. She loved him, very much. Hydra did not know if she would ever see him again; she did not know if he would ever desire to see her again. Hydra could not prevent him from living his life as he wished to; Winter had ended, and Spring was here; Summer would be here too soon. 

I will miss you, Dragomir, she drawled in earnest, looking fondly upon him. Hydra had hoped he would never leave; but if he wished to spread his wings now, he was old enough to do so.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite what you've been told, I once had a soul - by Hydra - April 30, 2020, 12:14 PM