Moonspear are we awake, or are we asleep?
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Final from me, here!

Hydra was exhausted. But as she looked to her children, she again saw that it was a worthwhile endeavor. Four young, living, breathing things. A continuation of she and Dirge's legacy. Beautifully fragile little things. She nosed them, and closed her eyes as she recalled stories shared by her fathre. Stars named, while her mothers eyes sparkled in the moonlight and Hydra could hear her heartbeat with an ear pressed flush against her as the other listened to her fathers voice. 

She opened her eyes as the voice of Dirge came then, and she shared tiredly from within: four... two boys, two girls, came her voice, strong even despite her exhaustion. The names she recalled but moments ago were the ones she shared: Caelum, Altair, Mira and Mintaka, ones they had discussed, too, but weeks before they had even arrived. Charon and Amekaze would live on in stories told, still, but all to come would be better still she felt. And so it was with much satisfaction to be felt that she looked upon her young, no feelings of mourning to be recognized as the year prior. She and Dirge had done wonderfully with their first brood, and with them to help Hydra was all the more confident that to feel only joy this hour was not at all wrong. She missed them still, but placed a happy little kiss upon their brows before falling into her own deep sleep.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
are we awake, or are we asleep? - by Hydra - May 07, 2020, 10:57 PM
RE: are we awake, or are we asleep? - by Mira - May 07, 2020, 11:13 PM
RE: are we awake, or are we asleep? - by Mintaka - May 07, 2020, 11:35 PM
RE: are we awake, or are we asleep? - by Caelum - May 08, 2020, 01:11 AM
RE: are we awake, or are we asleep? - by Altair - May 11, 2020, 09:32 PM
RE: are we awake, or are we asleep? - by Lyra - May 12, 2020, 07:36 AM
RE: are we awake, or are we asleep? - by Dirge - May 15, 2020, 01:04 AM
RE: are we awake, or are we asleep? - by Hydra - June 02, 2020, 12:32 PM