Redhawk Caldera I'll bury my future behind
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
He would have been content to stay with his cheek pressed up against the smoothe fur of their newest pelt, had Fennec not rolled over, exposing her ballooning belly. He lifted his head, then, and marvelled for a moment at her. She said something that sounded half like a complaint, but....Much less disappointed than he would have expected. Likely because she wasn't in pain, just in discomfort, and was learning what it felt like to have things living inside of her. 

Of course, the thought of having puppies swimming around in his own abdomen made him feel a little bit nauseous; he would always be a little bit on the squeamish side. 

But now...It was proof that their children lived, and proof that they were healthy- and as he watched the gentle rise and fall of her side, he could have sworn that he saw a small ripple of movement that wasn't attributed to her breathing. Unable to help himself, he whined softly, and felt something tight clench in his throat. Why did he suddenly feel like crying? This was ridiculous. Since when were fathers supposed to get these emotional surges too?

It was encouraging, too, that she was opening up a conversation with him about the topic of their kids, which seemed relatively safe. Of course, he wanted to avoid asking too many annoying questions, otherwise she might choose not to talk to him about her pregnancy, and he didn't want that. He wanted to know everything- but he didn't want to push her buttons. 

So he snuck a bit closer. "It doesn't hurt, does it?" He asked. "D'you think you can tell how many there are?"
Messages In This Thread
I'll bury my future behind - by Fennec - May 14, 2021, 11:29 PM
RE: I'll bury my future behind - by RIP Bronco - May 19, 2021, 12:25 PM
RE: I'll bury my future behind - by Fennec - May 24, 2021, 11:57 AM
RE: I'll bury my future behind - by RIP Bronco - May 25, 2021, 07:39 PM
RE: I'll bury my future behind - by Fennec - June 04, 2021, 01:35 AM
RE: I'll bury my future behind - by RIP Bronco - June 04, 2021, 11:39 AM
RE: I'll bury my future behind - by Fennec - June 05, 2021, 02:09 AM