Redhawk Caldera I thought I'd have it worked out and I'd be making plenty
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
He glowered at her from the darkness and saw something akin to regret in her features. It wasn't often that Fennec retreated without doing so in anger. Stomping off or even running away was one thing- but resignation? Fennec was not one to surrender, and yet she had admitted defeat. 

He had no idea how to interpret what she meant. There had been an until which implied that there might be an after- but for now, she wasn't going to try anymore. She was going to Towhee's, which disappointed him and made him feel as though he was being isolated. Towhee might've been the one other wolf he could have spoken to. Now, anything he said to her would definitely get to Fennec. 

When she turned and left, he felt a pressure lift. He licked his lips and worked his jaw, relieving some of the tension that had built up there. While it felt wrong to be occupying a den that should have belonged to both of them...He was at least thankful that he had a place to stay while he dealt with the aftermath. And while he knew he should feel guilty that she'd left, he couldn't help but feel a flood of relief. 

For the first time since his return, he'd sleep the whole night without nightmares.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I thought I'd have it worked out and I'd be making plenty - by RIP Bronco - October 20, 2021, 01:10 AM