Spotted Eagle Mountain The weak breeze whispers nothing
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Bronco pulled his head back at the sudden outburst. Concern came to him first, after the surprise. It wasn't like Killdeer to raise his voice over anything; he'd never been argumentative or rebellious, so for him to speak this way now...He definitely seemed overwhelmed. He hadn't thought that the news of him courting a woman would tip him over so much- but it seemed he'd only added to the boy's pre-existing qualms. Fennec was seeing someone. But rather than feeling jealousy, instead, he felt dread. For Killdeer's sake, he hoped that Fennec's new relationship wasn't a disaster. But he wouldn't have control over that- that was in Fennec's ballcourt. The only complication was that their son was now in the midst of two blossoming relationships that had been seeded outside of his natal family. 

No wonder he might not want to meet Teya; he was probably trying to figure out how to deal with being around his mother's new man. Just the same way Sorana was being with him. Killdeer wasn't as young as Sorana was, but considering the fact that he obviously, truly wished for his parents to get back together...He hadn't seen why they shouldn't be. He still didn't think it was a mistake to try and keep their feuds from happening in front of him, but it seemed to make it harder for him to accept the split when he saw no reason for it. 

There was a cure for that, but it was only to spoil the image Killdeer had in his mind of his 'happy family.' It would've almost been easier, he thought, if he could just convince to one, relationship-ending crime that might make his son understand why they weren't together, because the truth was just so much more difficult to explain. 

The apology fell upon listening ears. "Hey, Varmint," He said softly, scooting a bit closer. "It's OK. I'm...I'm sorry it can't be the way you want it to be...We did everything we could to make sure you were happy, and we're both so happy we had you, but we...We just weren't happy together, Fenn and I. It....It would've come out over time, Killdeer. You might've ended up hating one or both of us, if we'd stayed together, and we both love you so much, neither of us wanted to take that risk. I know that's probably not enough, and that you still want us to try and make it work but..." They couldn't. It wasn't for lack of effort, but they'd known each other since childhood and looking back, there'd always been red flags. 

"I am sorry that you're getting all of this...All at once, He said, inhaling. If he'd known Killdeer was already struggling with one of his parents being in a relationship...Well, he would have still told him about Teya. He couldn't just lie to his kid, and then come back another day with her as his mate without explanation. "I just felt I should tell you. Rather than come back a few months from now, or...Whenever, and surprise you by telling you I had a mate without you knowing I was even seeing someone."
Messages In This Thread
The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - November 16, 2022, 02:05 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - November 19, 2022, 12:34 AM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - November 19, 2022, 05:45 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - November 23, 2022, 05:46 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - November 23, 2022, 06:52 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - November 26, 2022, 09:23 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - November 27, 2022, 12:58 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - November 27, 2022, 09:03 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - November 27, 2022, 10:37 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - December 02, 2022, 06:11 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - December 02, 2022, 06:36 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - December 02, 2022, 06:59 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - December 02, 2022, 07:35 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - December 20, 2022, 08:30 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - December 20, 2022, 08:52 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - December 22, 2022, 01:13 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - December 22, 2022, 01:56 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - December 29, 2022, 07:57 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - January 01, 2023, 04:34 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - January 16, 2023, 10:17 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - January 25, 2023, 02:55 PM