Swiftcurrent Creek silver ribbons
Hushed Willows
1,524 Posts
Ooc — xynien
He was like Bjarna in some ways, yet so unlike her. They both carried an aura of peace, a soothing aspect that the girl craved. But it was so much different when she could understand what was said to her. He spoke her language, and so many words! This was Swiftcurrent Creek, he was Lestan Mayfair, that was a song from his mother, his mother from the old country — her head spun a little, but in the best way. She wanted him to keep talking to her like that forever, but all too soon, he veered into a somber topic and quieted. He'd thought her a threat, and maybe the wolves she has encountered before did, too. But he was being kind to her.
She understood that it was her turn to speak now, but her thoughts were disordered. She was silent for too long, and when she became aware of it, shame and guilt clutched at her. This was one of the things her parents had hated about her. She never knew what to say anymore, not when it mattered. Maybe that was why she liked Bjarna's company so much.
When she finally found her voice, she could only apologize. I'm sorry, I... Lies came to mind, but she couldn't force any of them out, so it had to be the truth. I think I've forgotten what it's like — to have someone speak kindly to me.
Three months; a quarter of her life she'd spent on her own, a girl whose self-esteem had already been shattered. Bjarna was kind, but they could not speak like this. Everyone else she'd met... she preferred not to think of it.
I... have a stupid question, She admitted next. If he was willing to speak so freely to her, maybe he wouldn't be completely disgusted with her ignorance. All of these places — Swiftcurrent Creek and Kvarsheim and... Riverclan, She thought that was what the dark wolf had called it. What are they? And why did the wolves in Riverclan say I was... trespassing? It was different with Kvarsheim. They want me to stay there, I think. Or, Bjarna did, and the others didn't seem to mind.
At this point she still had no idea she'd joined a pack. She knew she was welcome back, but that was about it. The lack of knowledge probably seemed weird without context; she realized that belatedly.
They don't speak the way we do. Their words are different, She added, not even considering that the others in Kvarsheim were not the same as Bjarna.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
silver ribbons - by Lestan - December 07, 2022, 10:29 AM
RE: silver ribbons - by Reverie - December 07, 2022, 10:44 AM
RE: silver ribbons - by Lestan - December 07, 2022, 10:59 AM
RE: silver ribbons - by Reverie - December 07, 2022, 11:45 AM
RE: silver ribbons - by Lestan - December 07, 2022, 12:46 PM
RE: silver ribbons - by Reverie - December 07, 2022, 01:40 PM
RE: silver ribbons - by Lestan - December 07, 2022, 02:07 PM
RE: silver ribbons - by Reverie - December 07, 2022, 02:45 PM
RE: silver ribbons - by Lestan - December 07, 2022, 03:53 PM
RE: silver ribbons - by Reverie - December 07, 2022, 04:53 PM