Ankyra Sound I knew you were trouble when you walked in
Hushed Willows
1,518 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
When the woman had gone, Reverie launched into a frenzy of activity. Unfocused and still in pain, she had kicked the sand tainted by blood and the witch's scent away and into the path of the waves, and then set about fixing it and filling in the dips in the sand until it was as if it had never happened. There was nothing she could do about the scent trail further inland, but she hardly spared it a thought.
She checked on Blossom then, and gently roused her for a brief adventure. Cedar wood. Sweetgrass. These things were easily found, and she spent her time carefully wrapping the grass around the cedar branches until she'd made two imperfect copies of what the woman had shown her. One she gave to Blossom, and the other she kept for herself. She was uncertain what it was meant to do, but her daughter looked pleased to have a new toy. And it seemed prudent to keep a back-up.
But she could not find the cactus mentioned by the other woman. She didn't try very hard; it seemed something more suited to The Gilded Sea than this place. Stressed by this failure, Reverie took Blossom and their new trinkets back to their chosen resting place, along with a mouthful of sweetgrass which she would scatter in a rough circle around where they slept.
She wasn't sure why. It just felt right.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
I knew you were trouble when you walked in - by Reverie - May 06, 2023, 02:13 PM