Hushed Willows Even if it makes me blind, I just wanna see the light
Hushed Willows
1,518 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
She'd found the perfect spot.

Come spring, it would be a garden. For now it was nothing more than a snowy patch of land in the meadow, a little miniature island of sorts tucked between frozen waterways. Reverie paced the length of it several times before her hips began to ache. Pregnancy was such a hassle.

She picked a place and dug up some of the snow, creating a little pocket to dig herself into — except, a little pocket didn't quite do the trick. Not with a giant belly to haul around; had she ever gotten this big with Blossom? How many pups were in there? Reverie kicked up a little more snow before she flopped down with a sigh. At least she didn't feel like she was dying this time. Most days, anyway.

An odd fluttering sensation just beneath her skin froze all her thoughts in place. Her ears perked immediately, and she stared at her belly for a long moment. The fluttering returned, strengthening into an erratic pulsing, and this time she saw it. Just barely. Her babies were moving. They were moving.

Her babies. It was the first time she'd truly thought of them as hers.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
Even if it makes me blind, I just wanna see the light - by Reverie - February 13, 2024, 05:12 PM