Hushed Willows [m] β˜€
Hushed Willows
1,518 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Birth 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Childbirth!
Tentatively all welcome. Tagged characters are invited. Powerplaying characters already present from the last thread. If you can't make it and would like to be powerplayed in, message me! The next round will be posted March 2nd.
The hours blurred together. Those outside the den were all but forgotten. The night had taken so much from Reverie already; she bled intermittently, caught in a fresh wave of painful spasms every hour. They came more quickly now. Whatever steadiness she'd held fast to in the beginning was gone, but she did not mourn the loss. Between her cries, she thought only of her son.

Her son. She'd buried him herself, just outside the den, under @Kukutux's watchful gaze. A shallow grave was all she'd been able to give him, an upturned patch of dirt scattered with her blood. Even that had taken so much of her strength.

Now she lay tucked in the corner of her den, breathing heavily. The pelts were piled in the opposite corner, slick with blood and unwanted in this moment. Reverie felt her body tighten again. A wavering cry spilled from her, lifting to a shriek. I - I can't do this, I can't, She reached blindly for Kukutux, sobbing, as she had done so many times in the hours before. And as she had each time before, she quieted quickly; one moment desolate, the next determined. I want - Her words broke into a gasp, but she steadied her voice. I want @Boone and - and @Everett. I asked them to - to be here. Her body felt crushed by some immeasurable weight; breathless, her words fell away.

A shifting, then; something she felt but could not put to words, and she knew with a petrified certainty that she would soon bring forth another child. Reverie thought again of her son. Her son, gone before he drew his first breath.

Another contraction gripped her, and she could not bite back her cry.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
[m] β˜€ - by Reverie - February 29, 2024, 03:01 AM
RE: [m] β˜€ - by Reina - February 29, 2024, 10:05 AM
RE: [m] β˜€ - by Kukutux - February 29, 2024, 01:03 PM
RE: [m] β˜€ - by Everett - March 02, 2024, 12:22 AM
RE: [m] β˜€ - by Reverie - March 02, 2024, 02:17 AM
RE: [m] β˜€ - by Foxglove - March 05, 2024, 03:48 PM
RE: [m] β˜€ - by Petal - April 14, 2024, 07:35 PM