Moonspear it would take a strong, strong man
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
All Welcome 
After she'd come back from her trip with @Nikai (and Alya had told no one of what had happened to the boy), she'd begun to wonder if romance was for her after all. She cared for Nikai, sometimes. In what ways that she could. The beginning of their trip had been easy and comfortable, and she'd been tempted to allow herself to fall into that lull. But if she was going to love, she wanted to love powerfully. Painfully. Madly.

Nikai just hadn't made the cut.

So she'd returned to her sisters, her family. Quieter than she'd been before, but still loving in private, and an active member of the trio. Not quite as active outside the borders, but she accompanied Hydra when she roved, and kept a watchful eye on the outer borders. When men passed, though, she let them be. She was bored of playing the siren, and disillusioned toward men in general. No matter how many had caught her attention, they'd been unable to keep it. (Or they hadn't wanted to. Alya didn't dwell on it, since it all came out to the same results.)

That day she descended the mountain with such thoughts on her mind, irritated with herself for dwelling on it but unable to do anything different. The truth was that, since she'd heard that @Vaati still lived and breathed, she'd been unable to help but wonder about him. That didn't mean she was going to seek him out or spend months mooning as she'd done in the past, but it did mean that her steps were a little more forceful than they'd been in the past.
i can't help but be my own god
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
COME ON MUTHA SUCKAS COME ONNNNNN  

Vaati had inspired something different in her. 

She was not an evil wolf by any means, but she was a vengeful one. If Alya did not stop in her jaunt, she would soon come across Hydra, who looked every bit as ominous as the impending storm she could taste in the breeze. The electric molecules that snapped around her in warning were synchronized to her present energy, ever in flux as of late. Hydra felt a restless energy. She trusted Towhee and her word. She trusted Towhee believed for certain she had killed her horrific brother. She trusted Towhee was capable of it. 

There had been things she had not thought to ask, then. Things she thought of now. Could he have survived his fall? Could he be among the living still? Could she trust Vaati to bring her his head, if he found it? 

Pah. Never trust a man to do a woman's work! And never trust another to do your own duty. She rose to all fours. Gannet had gone. There was no tether to keep her from doing what she had always yearned to other than the knowledge gained that he was already dead. How could one kill a ghost? 

She supposed by never seeing it. Hydra shifted her weight, exhaling heavily. Should this not be done? Why was she so unsatisfied?
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya did not stop until she reached her sister. The electricity in her gaze might have stopped another wolf from approaching, or from opening her mouth to deliver this news: "I think I'm going on another trip." It wasn't for Vaati or for Galaxy's killer. Her paws were simply getting itchy again, and she wanted to do this on her own, without a boy to distract her.

A tiny smile curved her lips. "I'll keep an eye out, just in case."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She could have predicted the words; who knew them, better than one another? Her ears pivoted backward as her gaze did not remove itself from the horizon until Alya spoke again, proving the very thought that had come to mind. A heavy exhale was all but forced from her lips, and she found her gaze softening a measure. Alya knew the right thing to say to temper the tempest that she could become, if only for a little while. 

Hydra moved toward her replica and asked, then: alone? 

Want company? Seemed to be the real question there. Hydra could not deduce whether it was her sisters itch or her own she felt in her breast. When Alya left she would know for certain what it was and would act on it regardless of the way her sister responded, as she was wont to do; but as ever, Hydra would give Alya her space. She had known for a long while that Alya needed to find something without a man beside her; Hydra could not help but want to see, as she felt she knew what Alya would discover, having sensed something of it herself. Alya, who was Hydra and Lyra and herself, needed no man to make her whole. Their strength, their beauty, their power, it was theirs—and only they three could bring men to their knees. But it needed to be without the oppressive shadow of men not their worth. Nikai had been kind, and surely had given Alya something that she had needed... but Hydra felt he was not enough, would never be enough—

Though, could any wolf amount to what she equated her sisters worth to be?
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
"Alone," she agreed, her voice gentle. "Only for a few weeks, though. I'm going over the mountains to Easthollow, and then I'll go the long way 'round to get home. I want to see the ocean again."

She stepped forward to give her sister a deferential nuzzle, and then stepped back with a guilty look on her face. She'd given @Lyra an extra cuddle and kiss that morning without telling her why, and now she would ask Hydra, "I'm going to go. Tell everyone not to worry? I'll be back before they have time to miss me."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
After a beat, Hydra relented. Okay, she said with a soft sigh. Alya, Hydra knew, was more than capable of taking care of herself. They were as much a weapon apart as they were together, and Hydra knew she need not fret. She wanted to see the ocean, too, but she had gone to see it alone... for the most part. Dirge had drifted away, meant to explore the coast with her... but she had gotten ahead of herself and forged ahead. They each needed their independence.

I will, she agreed, nosing her sisters cheek fondly. Though she disagreed with her sisters final words—Hydra missed her, already—she counted on the rest being true. One day, we should take Lyra with us on a trip, she thought aloud, looking to the horizon. Their other sister did not inherit their desire to see what else was out there... but Hydra still wanted to show her.