Snowforest Taiga hochzeitsstuck
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
All Welcome 
midway between the bypass and the maplewood: @Sunny @Aviana @Aliac @Desdemona

mahler's tongue lolled; in the valley along the land he had claimed, his breath rose in a pale plume. autumn had been kind to him, enriching his body with a bulk that rolled impressively beneath the charcoal pelt thickened for winter. he knew himself to be an asset to packwolves, and that was why he had refused to join.
the ailing group too near to him was faltering, led by a too-young male and a matriarch. he had gleaned this from their scents, and now he had come to take what was rightfully unguarded. it was not their land he wanted, but their numbers.
alongside him, half the carcass of a young elk. he had wrested it from behind the broad hindquarters of a bear, carrying as much of the kill away as he could carry without being too slowed and therefore endangered. followed for only a half-mile, the hoarse bellow of the ursine fading, mahler had prided himself quietly and set off with the offering.
presently, a long and baleful howl poured from his throat. i am stronger than your leaders; i have brought you meat. he was enough of a distance away that he would see them coming, note the arrangement of their bodies and would know if he must flee or stand his ground. it was not yet a coup, but an invitation, and his lilac eyes burned to see what they would make of it.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny had been at peace with his new place in leadership, nobody contested him and everyone trusted him to do his job and help them survive. They had lost so many members though and it hurt him inside, made him wonder if they all left solely because he wasn't as worthy of their loyalty as Aditya. His dark musings were interrupted by a howl, a male calling to his members and mocking him, saying he was weak and offering to provide. He immediately bristled, eyes gleaming with anger as he lifted his muzzle and howled back his tone filled with warning and anger. You have about ten seconds to get the hell away from my pack or I'll make you go was the underlying threat but inside he knew it to be empty. He had barely ever won a fight before and if this came to one, he would most likely lose.

Even so this was Morningside, this was his dad's baby and legacy, this was now his pack to care for. He howled for Aviana and set off to locate the male, fur on end and tail raised high and stiff above his back. When he arrived he stood a good distance behind the borders, eyes cold and posture clearly stating a warning threat "You have nerve to come here and mock me, offer my family and friends meat to try to lure them away, and stand here like you already own them. I recommend you go and dont show your face again, or there will be trouble" he eyed the meat for a brief second wondering if he should attack and grab the meat as a prize.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
anyone can jump in anytime :D

he was repaid with a threatening howl in a youthful tone. ash-grey ears flicked; mahler was unperturbed by posturing. soon, the dark form of a male, presumably the boy who called himself leader in the maplewood, could be seen. for now, he was alone. the gargoyle read anger in the lines of his body and was still, lavender eyes fixing implacably on the young wolf.
"you are a stupid and veak boy," mahler called back calmly when the leader had finished. though the other was large, he himself had the upper hand of both size and strength, honed down to the visible scarring along his chest. it did not have to be so; the child need only surrender, but instead opted to bandy words like a common idiot instead of rising to mahler's challenge.
he saw the boy's eyes fall to his kill; a grim smile tugged at the gargoyle's lips. "your children vill starve this vinter." in defiance, mahler lifted his leg and let loose an arc of yellow; it spattered to the cold earth, steaming with his own scent, and he leveled his gaze once more upon the boy, to see what he would do.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
If anyone wants in feel free to just jump in. I don't wanna prevent anyone from coming

Sunny stared at the male his lips beginning to twitch and a low growl starting to rise before he caught it. He took in a slow and silent breath to steady himself and then fixed his Amber gaze directly into the brute's lavender eyes. "I am neither stupid or weak" he responded just as calmly. He watched as the male smirked and his ears perked up at the next bout of words. Both the insult to his leadership and the bold act of pissing so close to the borders, Sunny strode forward lips curved over his fangs."You will leave" he growled, head lowered as he neared the other male.

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
a moment, an inching. more posturing. did this child expect mahler to fear his hissed words? his expression was inscrutable; he allowed the young leader to move forward, but upon the very heels of the order did the musiker lunge, hindlegs propelling him forward powerfully as his jaws sought the tender flesh of the boy's face. had mahler been the child, he would not have allowed a challenger so close, let alone drape his scent near the borders. morningside had chosen too young a wolf to lead, and it would be their downfall. his forepaws gripped the earth; ruff flared around his shoulders and a guttural snarl broke from him as he sought to land his attack.
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac heard a commotion coming from afar and curiosity soon got the best of her as she trekked towards the sounds. Thats when she seen sunny and an unknown wolf begin to fight, the female was unaware of why they fought but regardless went to Sunny's side.

She let out her own snarl at the hostile male as she her teeth beared and snapped at him.
"Some girls are full of heartache and poetry and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them" "Swahili" "Normal "  
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
cameo for now unless noticed

Fascinated by the vibrant colors of the maplewood--and, more importantly, the beauty of the women within it--Vercingetorix hung around the forest, far enough away to be respectful of the Morningsiders but close enough to snoop. And snoop he did. It was boring, for a while, until raised voices and the sound of snarls carried over the wind. The brute trotted that way, coming to a halt in the shadows of a small cluster of trees.

You are a stupid and weak boy. Your children will starve this winter.

I am neither stupid or weak. You will leave.

Hoooo, boy! This was gonna be good. One against many? Verx had to give the dark man mad props for having the stones to take on a pack by himself. Then again, he considered himself sort of a de facto ally of the Morningside pack, so should they need backup, well. . .

Let's just say Vercingetorix was always in the mood for a fight, for whatever reason.
Common · Trigedasleng
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
At his last order to leave the stranger lunged for him, fangs quickly succeeding in tearing Sunny's flesh open. There was a snarl and a grunt of pain from his lungs, a shiver of both dread and anticipation as he realised that this was serious, this was his first real display of his claim on Morningside. He leaped away and circled when suddenly Aliac burst forward and aided in the attack. The idea of his mate being hurt had him lunge again, a ripping snarl sounding from deep within him as he was filled with the possessive rage of an alpha being challenged. 

hahaha as per discord roll Sunny failed in his attack.

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
@Aliac, chey and i were doing dice rolls if you wanna join that way :3 trying to keep this realistic otherwise on my end!

heavy teeth connected with his target; blood swirled into mahler's mouth and spilled along his chest as he restructured his footing. in the next instant, however, a female had appeared alongside the young leader, white teeth flashing. their edges grazed the gargyole's shoulder, drawing crimson to the surface — he had sidestepped to avoid the worst of it. 
the boy came in once more, his body solid, challenge in his throat. the musiker's breath came sharp; for the moment, he would opt to ignore the woman and snapped for the morningside male a second time.
teeth closed on open air, and for the first time mahler considered he would lose, but the scarring along his chest bespoke a lifetime of refusing to back away, years of abject and stubborn foolishness. hard lavender gaze darted between the pair of them in the moment it took to recoup; they would come for him together, he knew.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Rolled 10/10. Aliac is PPC so I'm skipping her with a little PP.

Sunny could smell the blood of the stranger mingling in the air with his and knew that Aliac had scored some damage. Pride in his mate fueled him onward and gave him strength allowing him to sidestep and avoid the male's attack completely. He turned and wasted no time in attacking again, grabbing the male by the side of his neck and biting down as hard as he could. Blood seeped from between his jaws and over his chest, dripping down to the soul and permeating the air. He snarled victoriously and shook his head back and forth, aiming to rattle this guy's brains.

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
rolled 4/10 for a defense and 9/10 for an attack

the boy lunged, and this time his own fangs connected. mahler drew in a hot hiss of air as teeth connected in the flesh of his neck; agony radiated through his shoulder. shaken to and fro briefly, the gargoyle set his legs and braced himself against further onslaught. in return, the younger wolf's teeth rent the side of his scruff to bitter ribbons.
aware now that he must defend, angered by the way that things had seemed to turn against him, mahler whirled tightly in the morningsider's grasp, against the clutch of the other's jaws; he tore the wound further but the clack of his own teeth closed just below the bulb of the boy's ear, along the tender place that connected the apex of the skull to the neck.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
7 for defense and a 4 for attack

The male was quick to wrench himself away, hurting himself more but also gaining the chance to attack Sunny. The pain was sharp and intense and Sunny gasped mind racing. Quickly he shoved his shoulder upward and jabbed Mahler in the throat, pulling away with his head at the same time and tearing free. The pain burned and Sunny held back a whine, focusing and using the pain to push forward. Before Mahler could get a chance to go again Sunny lunged, teeth going directly for the man's nose but he aimed poorly and only managed to get the slightest snagging of the tender flesh before he had to release and scoot backwards again.

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
phone post; rolled a 4 for defense and a 10 for attack

the impact of the boy’s shoulder to his throat caused the gargoyle to grunt and to stumble; he backed away, mouth again churning with the blood he had drawn. teeth snapped for the bridge of his muzzle, grazing another line of blood to the surface — mahler ducked beneath it, using impetus to finally carry him to a hold just beneath the boy’s throat. it was not yet tight enough to strangle, nor did he apply true pressure, but it was firm, fangtips cutting into the tender flesh there.
a low warning snarl broke finally from mahler. there was no need to continue, none that he saw; the morningside male had put up a good fight, but the lone brute had proven his own challenge.
if they continued, it would be the boy’s decision.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Within seconds it was over. The grip was in such a lethal spot that Sunny's body froze and his eyes went wide, pupils dilating with terror. His life flashed, so scared was he that this was death for him. He saw himself and Dawn as pups traipsing around Easthollow. He saw his dad, his mom, him and Dawn sleeping. He saw Keoni and Nikai, Aunt Valette and Aunt Seelie. He felt all the love and pain he had ever experienced and his eyes cut to Aliac, watching with terror. In that instant one last bit of fight surged through him and instead of thrashing he twisted carefully, a low whine leaving his maw and ears going back as he pretended to submit. Then as he was lowered, he snapped his jaws catching a bit of skin between his teeth and pulled back, scampering away. He didn't go back in for another attack, instead he stood there dripping blood from all his wounds.

Even then he didn't cower though the fear was evident in the way his body trembled "You proved your point. Even so I won't back off. You'll have to kill me and then what? You take hold of a pack that will never follow you even if you could bring food." his words were strong but his voice was not, it was raspy and thick with exhaustion and pain but he stared the male down. "Aliac I want you to go. Get to the others, let them know what's happening. If I'm not there in thirty minutes you'll... you'll know what happened" he said. He wanted to say he loved her, words he hadn't said before that he could remember but he didn't not when he was unsure if he would be dying after them. She seemed to hesitate before nodding somberly and running off, back to safety. It was just him and Mahler now.

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
last from me!

the boy snapped, but retreated, and mahler only rumbled a warning in response. but he had received what he wished — an end to the fight that showed him as the victor. both were wreathed in blood, but the gargoyle knew his point had been proven here. a slow smirk unfurled along his scarlet-stained jaws. such a dummes kind to continue the useless bandying of words, when he had lost along his own borders.
"those who still vould follow a volf who lost to a loner deserve to starve. i vill be back, boy, and then i vill take more than them." and here he passed his tongue along his teeth after the utterance of his promise, before turning to lift the iced-over meat and move off in the direction of the bypass. to kill the child was not worth such things; better to recoup and seek allies who would drive off the addled pack. mahler was proud, but not so proud he could not see the merit of aid.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny said nothing in return, but watched with flaming eyes as the man took the food and walked off. The promise had chilled him to the bone, causing another worry on top of the lack of food. As soon as he was sure the other was gone, he lifted a leg and marked disdainfully on top of the spot where Mahler had stood before turning and walking back to the dens. He would need to see Pema as soon as possible, he couldn't risk becoming infected.