Moonspear this sentence will ruin/save your life
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to him, quiet and patient despite her exhaustion. She ached, every bit of her, but did well in not displaying it. She nodded as he spoke of his finally not following Rannoch—it had taken him long enough—but still she did not feel entirely at ease. Every wolf had loyalty to something (or someone); she, her convictions and her family; and he, once, Rannoch... now his pack, he said, but what if Rannoch returned to make amends? What if he and Liffey returned with their entitled expectations in tow? Could Terance truly refuse him? His love for his friend had always superceded everything and everyone, his own family included (once). Was it possible for him to change so swiftly, and so finally? 

He understood her hesitance, at least. She was relieved to hear it, frankly, and her eyes softened as she regarded him. He had grown, that much she knew... but her worry did not come without experience, and her experience was guided by his own history. It was not to say she could not be assuaged, but it would not be so simple as a conversation; Terance knew she was a woman who put actions above words, always. He was here, yes—but why would he not be, when all she had ever predicted had come to pass and she herself remained constant and true? 

Hydra's amusement was not displayed on her face, though her voice revealed what humor she found: perhaps not, she agreed. Her ears twitched and she pressed on just before he continued: I admit, I have difficulty seeing in how we would all be equals. In times of trial and tribulation, if we were all to disagree, it could be chaos. I would not mind having fellow... commanders, that may as well be equals for all they stand to gain themselves. What I seek to build cannot be done in a day. And do not think I believe myself infallible or invincible, either; I am not an unreasonable woman. But do you understand my meaning? She inquired with a tilt of her head. She was quite interested in his own thoughts on the matter, and her attention was solely for him.

His next question she responded to with a nod. I would, she verbally confirmed; she could not see how she could not, here and now, though in the throes of her pregnancy there was little question as to why she may be so one-track-minded at present. Moonspear had provided for she and her family for as long as she had lived. Why would they leave the safety of it now if there was no clear and present danger? and if you wished, you could take any of the neighboring territories. His dream has been my own dream, she admitted, softer now, and I know I could make something of it, someday, as he never could. We could create our own legacy, and do what no one has done, the novelty of it appealed to her, true, but the pragmatic side of her understood that it would further ensure the safety of her children to come, and should he join in this, his, too. The Hollow... it is yours, and Rannoch may have left it, but... Someday, one of his cubs may come with the silver bone (read: silver bone is to wolves what silver spoon is to humans, l o l) Liffey presented to them with siblings in tow, desiring to have it as their own. Believing it their legacy, not yours, nor your childrens, who surely by then may have earned such a thing for themselves. Moonspear, it is my own families. It was always meant to be my own. But you, Arbiter, and I— Dirge was not yet a leader alongside her, but she thought of him as she spoke can make something for ourselves, bigger than all of that, and erase the thought of the Frostfurs from their mind. Truth be told, Hydra was not worried for Terance in the slightest bit should that all come to pass—only for his nerve. Could he turn fang against the children of his former best friend? Liffey's whispers were an insidious, malificent thing—who knew what things she spoke about Terance and his mate, and with them their children? 

Hydra knew already she would defend her companion from such slander should she ever hear it with her teeth. It was most effective at silencing those that spoke the language of fools.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
this sentence will ruin/save your life - by Hydra - June 12, 2019, 10:08 AM
RE: this sentence will ruin/save your life - by Hydra - June 12, 2019, 12:51 PM
RE: this sentence will ruin/save your life - by Hydra - June 12, 2019, 03:30 PM
RE: this sentence will ruin/save your life - by Hydra - June 12, 2019, 04:53 PM
RE: this sentence will ruin/save your life - by Hydra - June 12, 2019, 08:00 PM
RE: this sentence will ruin/save your life - by Hydra - June 24, 2019, 07:25 PM
RE: this sentence will ruin/save your life - by Hydra - December 11, 2019, 10:04 AM