Whitefish River I like the honey, not the honeybee
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
All Welcome 
SETTING:
Weather: Overcast with light fog and showers.
Cool with slight humidity.
Sunrise

As the sun touched the over the horizon to spread it light on the land, the lone male pulled himself atop the ridge to look over the silent world. Fog swirled around him, blocking the rays of sun that attempted to break against his back and give him warmth against the biting air.

Down below laid a river, it's winding beach barely seeable through the dense fog and rain. If it werent for it's wide channels perhaps the man wouldn't have noticed—But that's besides the point. Greyback knew the river marked the territory, and even without his sight the presence of that thick, familiar scent was all he needed.

With a steady pace the lumbering giant made his way over to the sandy beach with his head bowed low and nose flaring. It was only when he reached the edge, feeling his monsterous paws dip atop the sand with enough pressure to allow the water to kiss his nails that he stopped and gazed once more, squinting through the fog to see any sign of others.

Unfortunately, no one was there.

Tipping his head back, the Easthollian sucked in a breath before bellowing it out in deep, quaking howl that vibrated within his chest and through the air. He continued it for long, making sure others were aware he was serious before tapering it off and stilling.  If it were to take long for someone to show he would only sound forth a thundering alarm.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the male's deep call is chilling, especially in the wake of another small quake in the fog-stained day. she answers it swiftly, hearing once more the call of alarm once she draws close. the familiar clench of worry, unease, takes hold, and she breaks through the fog to come to rest a short distance before the behemoth of a visitor, stilling as she takes in his outward appearance. 

familiarity tinges, and she smells a moment burning grass and deadwood. it takes a moment, but the name comes to her - his size, and the nature of their meeting, is not something easily forgot. "greyback," she names him, striding forth to benefit a distance benefiting allies and not strangers. the question she poses is asked with the tilt of her ears and cant of her head, fur prickling and tail carried high in wake of his alarm call. what's wrong? 
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
The sound alerts him out of an uneasy slumber, and the lion is lazy to respond as he adjusts to being awake. He's busy stretching out his forelimbs where he's laying - resembling a melanistic beast of the serengeti more than a wolf for that split second - and squints against the dim sunlight. The call carried along the riverside but when it hit the fog bank it seemed to stop, and the odd silence thereafter made Firefly curious. He rose to his paws and shook out his coat, then began to march his way down to where the river's racing pulse could be heard rather than seen. He is wary (more-so for the shuddering of the earth, worried and expectant of calamity) but in time, meets with an impressive sight that pushes all thoughts of danger from his mind.

There is the silver wolf from the reeds (whose name escaped him for the present) and Firefly steps up alongside her, flicking his remaining ear when she mentions a name - or so he assumes - but his blue eyes don't move from the bear-like wolf standing at the territory limit. He's awed more than afraid; curious of many things all at once (how strong is this man? how many bodies would it take to fell him? could he fight him alone..?) but he is silent, more a guard than anything.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
OOP. SHADOW POSTED! Editing now for firefly

The man watched through half-lidded eyes as a figure emerged from the dusty fog. Their frame supple and fur dipped in silver and gray. Greyback steadied himself then, his pose tall and radiating as he looked down upon her. It was when their eyes met, a clash of emerald and orange, that recognition unclouded his mind enough for him to remember manners.

'What's wrong?'

What wasn't wrong? The patriarch let himself be disgruntled at the thought.

"Dawn," he acknowledged, dipping his head. It had been quite some time since he saw the female. He remembered her ragged state; scorched and bathed in soot from the aftermath of the chaos fire last fall. At least now she seemed to be doing well. Well fed. Not on fire. He supposed he should be more friendly, ask how her day has been. Wish her good tidings. He should probably verbally acknowledge the dark male that slanked up beside her. But all the man could do was cast him a stoic look with his amber eyes followed by a sniff.

That was all it took for Greyback to know it wasn't him. This was not who he was here for. 

"I need my daughter and Evergreen," he nearly growled, his voice rough and teetering on the edge of something sharp.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
it becomes obvious, quickly, that her presence here was not the one he wanted. she casts a glance at the male, firefly, that's drawn up alongside her, features growing stony as he demands sharply to see his daughter and Evergreen. the part of her that was once a leader flares, and her tail inches a tiny fraction higher at the bite in his tone. despite being an ally, he is at their borders, and she knows him barely well enough to judge his individual intentions. 

she judges his sharpness to be based on urgency and not rudeness, and so after a moment lifts her muzzle and calls for @Evergreen and @Ira, who she assumes to be the man's daughter. she tilts back her crown to regard him once more, not willing to leave her place here while they wait, but not making an effort to devulge information from him that he does not want to share.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It was early and for once the constable was not on her paws halfway around the territory. With the growling tremors that plagued their lands as of late, Ira had been patrolling almost constantly looking for any damage or a source, she thought she might sleep in for once to rest until a booming howl beckoned her from the waves of unconsiousness.

At first, she thought she imagined it, the only one she knew with lungs like that was her father, but surely he was back in the plains of Easthollow. Perhaps it was another tremor playing tricks on her mind. It wasn't until Dawn called that she shortly realized she was not imagining things, someone was at their borders.

Rising slowly, the roan wolf shook the sleep from her legs as she made her way to the river, Dawn and Firefly stood dwarfed next to the mountain of a man that was Easthollow's patriarch. If this was some other time she would not be so surprised to see him, but she had only returned recently from her own travels over the mountain. Father? What brings you here?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
Oop, looks like I got skipped.

The man knew the silver woman and when he spoke her name, that clicked in Firefly's brain, though he was still fixated on the giant. What had brought this monstrosity of a wolf to Kaistleoki? He didn't have to voice the question - the man answered, requesting his daughter, which earned a slight tilt of Fly's head. He backed off a step or two and remained vigilant, ears slanting when Dawn called for Ira - and then Evergreen - as the action answered further unspoken questions. It seemed a guardian was not necessary at this point but Firefly chose to linger in silence, curiousity rooting him. Upon seeing Ira draw upon the gathering he boofed softly, remaining near.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
The thundering call is enough to get Evergreen’s attention, yet as the second from Dawn comes, the Count quickens his pace. He is sprinting across Kaistleoki, only pulling on the breaks when he sees the mass growing upon the riverland’s borders. Many are present, and he gives an appreciative grin towards the nobles for greeting Greyback so swiftly—he will remember to thank them later.

Alas, something must be afoot for the behemoth to storm to Kaistleoki; the attack on Leta already had the Easthollow members on edge, and for good reason. Eve still regrets not being there when the family needed them most. Yet he has been on the lookout for the woman Valette described. Expression turning serious—and nervous as always—the bear shifts his gaze to Greyback, assuming Ira has already questioned what brings him here. He doubts it is a time for small talk and pleasantries, much as he wishes to break the frost.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback would idly cast to glances to Dawn and the dark male, his expression never breaking, as he waited for Everygreen and Ira to answer the call. Thankfully it didn't take long, and when the song emerged from over the lands, the Patriarch's ears perked forward. It was when his daughter's tall frame appeared first over the skyline, followed by Evergreen shortly after that Greyback shifted forward a few steps to meet them.

"Father? What brings you here?"

"I'm afraid I to talk to you two. Alone," The large male answered before looking to Firefly and Dawn once again. "It's about your sister, Ira."

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the leadership pair arrive soon enough, and she greets them with a flick of her ears. when Greyback speaks again, she watches him impassively for a moment before turning to melt back into the heart of the territory, sparing a glance for both Ira and Evergreen before she does so. she has no interest in their family business in any case, and instead turns her attention to the caches she's been neglecting the past couple days.
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
The wolves gather before this massive beast of a wolf, and while Firefly wishes to stay nearby in case of upset, he trusts in the others. They appear to know this man; more than that, when Ira arrives she paints a strong picture as to why, and Firefly takes a few moments to appreciate the vague resemblance between the mother and father pair. Upon Greyback's insistence that his information was only for his family to hear, Firefly could abide by that request. He began stepping back, giving Evergreen and Ira a moment to counter the order if they so chose to; but then Dawn was sliding away from the gathering, and it seemed like a good exit point. He'd stay within a safe distance if things went sour but it was doubtful that they would, and opted to silently pull away from the gathered wolves and follow after the huntress.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The constable glanced to Evergreen as he arrived, concern immediately storming her thoughts at her father's words. She did not need to ask the wolves who arrived first to leave, they were already heading out. Something she greatly appreciated. What happened to Leta? I assume you would not travel a mountain asking for privacy just to announce she has been running around the stones. No she was just there and the girl seemed fine...what could have arisen in the days since she returned? Was it the quakes?
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Uh, thank you, guys, Eve adds in as Dawn and Firefly turn to take their leave. He appreciates their efforts, and Evergreen is lowkey uncertain why he, himself, is standing here when it seems to be a family business. Perhaps his connection to Easthollow and being Kaistleoki's leader makes it his? But he is grateful he can be a support for Ira, she's helped him so much over these last few months, the least he can do is be emotional support.

His attention flickers to Greyback, to Ira, and back again.

Did she take a turn for the worst? We have healers here so we can seek them for advice, the Count says softly—round ears swerving.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
The man watched with a fiery gaze as Firefly and Dawn trailed off to leave them alone. He silently thanked that they went without a hassle, and it wasn't until their figures vanished from sight that Greyback turned to his daughter and Evergreen.

"Leta is healing," he answered curly, his tail swishing behind his hocks in agitation. "There were two scents at Easthollow border during the time of attack—The Witch and her accomplice." He hissed through gritted teeth when addressing the woman. "It's faint but the man is here, in Kaisteloki. Are you aware of this?" The Patriarch tried his best not to glare, but his composure was faulting with every ticking second spent not ripping into the man. Surely Kaisteloki wasn't harboring a killer, a snake.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The constable was relieved to hear Leta had not taken a turn for the worse, but her fathers next words made her blood run cold. They were harboring someone that helped during the attack? Her mind briefly flashed to Firefly who had been partnered with some bad woman in the past, but if he was the one her father sought surely he would have mentioned it when he was here.

No, Firefly was dismissed and the scent of whoever was an accomplice was faint. I was not, but surely this needs to be addressed now. she glanced to Evergreen, they led together, but overall this was his pack to make a final say.