Moonspear ausländer
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
As she listened to him, Hydra found she quite liked the sound of his Diaspora. Perhaps when she could, she would task her children with things—though in her mind she already knew she would do so, as she must know if they shared the same mettle as the rest of them. A military pack, though; how splendid! Hydra wished he were a more impressionable man that might see the merit in moving his claim nearer to her own to join her in her campaign, but she suspected he did not mind so much being the king of his own country. 

His words, his circumstances, were too familiar; unspoken, she could not know of the several differences between them, too. Hydra found herself murmuring in earnest, I am sorry for your loss, for not too long ago she too had suffered from two that she felt had also passed too soon... though they, at least, had lived full lives and saw for themselves three litters grown. She did not know Stigmata had not; she only imagined he had. All deaths but for her enemies would ever be too soon; a stark reminder of mortality, as well. 

As he turned the tables to her, Hydra's blue eyes lingered upon him. She found she wished to share with him, in that they might be kindred spirits. We are a family pack, but one that places great value on physical pursuits. I myself have mastered my pursuit of becoming a warrior and a guardian both, though one never stops learning, she hummed, humble enough to know she had much more to master in this life. Hydra was a tactical woman, too; these gears shifted even now, though she was not yet a master of this. It was idle ticking, and yet she felt it. My children are raised by the whole of Moonspear. They will know how to defend themselves, and fight for themselves—I once had a younger sister who was killed by a boy who now only has one eye, and I would not see my children suffer the same. If I see him again, I will take more than the eye, she rumbled darkly; he had been smart to never return—if he lived, that was likely why. She continued, looking to him, and so, as you seek to guard your Sunspire, I seek to protect this Wilderness and find those willing to expand; they may have their own land, their own meat, so long as we unite in times of war and turmoil—and it is me they recognize as their High Queen, here she looked to him, and with a sigh, said: it was my fathers final dream, before he passed... but when he spoke it, it was as though he had read my mind. I keep it alive for us both, she revealed, before asking: do you not do the same for yourself, Mahler? Is it not your vision? 

She wondered at that; for she had heard the absence of his own name, there, his vision—not ours. Hydra was perceptive enough to catch this, and to wonder if Mahler might ever wish to pursue his own. What might that be? Might it be the same as most? Could she not give him this and fulfill his kill-brothers dream in the same vein—

But she recalled her former thought, and settled on that—she did not think him to wish to keep his crown for vanity, but for Stigmata... for love. To that end, she could understand... though was also aware she could be mistaken entirely. Perhaps she was. 

lmk why the near-end of this thread [internal tangentt L M A O ] had me hearing galadriel at 3:18 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3VOf3CBGvw 
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
ausländer - by Mahler - September 17, 2019, 01:02 PM
RE: ausländer - by Hydra - September 17, 2019, 01:50 PM
RE: ausländer - by Mahler - September 17, 2019, 11:17 PM
RE: ausländer - by Hydra - September 19, 2019, 10:55 AM
RE: ausländer - by Mahler - September 21, 2019, 11:24 PM
RE: ausländer - by Hydra - September 26, 2019, 10:31 PM
RE: ausländer - by Mahler - September 30, 2019, 11:38 PM
RE: ausländer - by Hydra - October 09, 2019, 08:26 PM
RE: ausländer - by Mahler - October 11, 2019, 08:31 AM
RE: ausländer - by Hydra - October 16, 2019, 08:58 PM