Moonspear heavy as heartbreak
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She heard him, and Hydra's eyes found him shortly after. Relief was palpable to see him alone there, though she hurt to think of him hurting too. They all would feel heartsore from this. Hydra would not denounce her brother for his choice, but imagined that perhaps he had denounced all of them for his newly believed notions. Or at the very least her. Her heart ached to think of it, and she felt heavy. It was with lead-filled limbs that the matriarch moved to him, crooning a low note in turn. 

This was one of the deeper hurts she had felt in her lifetime. Arcturus was meant to know her, and yet he did not. How was that so? For all of the years spent with him to be reduced to absolutely nothing... how? She tried to understand, to justify, to make sense of the senseless. Even with what had clicked before, she could not fully fathom it. I do not understand, she lamented aloud in a faint murmur loud enough for only him to hear as she drew herself before him. Hydra moved to nose his chin, grateful for his being here with her. She did not know what to say more than that, yet; she was still processing. I could not find @Dragomir. Perhaps we can search together tomorrow, she hummed with a tired shake of her head. 

Or perhaps for whatever reason, Dragomir had more faith in him than he did her. These were thoughts that did not add up in her tired mind, and yet, nothing added up in all of this to her. Where did this all come from? How? He had thought she killed Revui, and he had found she had not. So what, then, was the problem? 

This situation, it is too familiar. Perhaps Wraen has seen it fit to make a monster of me again to him. Told him old fables shared when I scared Liffey, her muzzle wrinkled, and protected them when they were young from who killed Galaxy. Made them fresh, new. She just did not understand; what else? And Wraen had been there. It felt right to point the finger in this way, at the only wolf it made sense to given her being there at all... and yet... She looked to Dirge, looking for some sort of lifeline, or suggestion to the contrary. She had hoped that Wraen had moved past that. 

Nothing made sense. Nothing. Her racing mind, tired, addled, sought an answer to something there might be no answer at all to. She sought to take grip on this, though, so that she might not be suspended in this awful freefall. 

tag for reference!
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
heavy as heartbreak - by Hydra - April 06, 2020, 01:16 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Dirge - April 08, 2020, 02:03 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Hydra - April 08, 2020, 02:29 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Dirge - April 08, 2020, 03:13 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Hydra - April 08, 2020, 03:45 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Dirge - April 08, 2020, 03:54 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Hydra - April 08, 2020, 06:44 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Dirge - April 08, 2020, 09:56 PM
RE: heavy as heartbreak - by Hydra - April 08, 2020, 10:53 PM