Moonspear a safe place to stay
sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴡᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ
123 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Joining 
It had been two weeks since he had left his family behind. In the days that had passed, he had unashamedly rolled in mud, bathed in ponds and lakes, rolled again and bathed again. Scents had faded from his pelt as he traveled, and though he missed holding the silent symbol of Ursus, ultimately he knew it was a good thing that his pelt now carried only his own musk. 

When Toad found the borders of Moonspear, he halted abruptly, sniffing slightly at the line before stepping back. He settled himself onto his butt a couple yards off, and threw back his head to call for @Hydra , @Dirge , @Jarilo , whatever leader might greet him there.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
pls 4give prickly mama bear, tried to wait for someone more POLITE AND LEVEL HEADED

With her children safe and secure with her sisters (@Lyra, @Alya) and @Antares, Hydra had taken the opportunity to hunt. Her own energy levels were high, and so she had parried with a wild boar within the packlands. These things were scavengers, and it would not have been so easy to take down were it not for its age and her own good health, nevermind her skill. Wild boars were tenacious things, and it had taken her some time before she was able to end the exchange with the outcome she desired. Hydra dug into it, and then gripped the things hind to begin to drag it toward the whelping den when a call came. 

When had they last had a joiner? Before the cubs were born; their ranks seemed ever full, and Hydra was less than inclined to see any more among them now with her babes so young. Protective as she was, she was only comfortable with what was already there. She would sooner chase the rest of the newcomers off; Hydra was, at this stage, in no entertaining mood. 

But neither was her own mate; he had informed her that he had needed to turn another away himself. So, he would understand. Jarilo, too, she felt certain. Hydra took little time to arrive to the borders, her hunt having taken place somewhere near the Netherwood. The woman broke from the shadows with deliberately slow strides, licking her bloodied chops. Her scrutinizing gaze beheld him, and found him... wanting. Average, in every way—she had desired him none at all, but if it were at all possible, the matriarch would have desired him even less. Hydra was quiet, her demeanor cold and not at all welcoming. The furs along her nape prickled upward as she regarded him, a silent indication that his time with her was already running out.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
123 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
The fur along her spine prickled, she approached in slow strides, unfriendly. It was a great contrast to Merrick- and yet, despite his own leader's casual talk and flashy smiles, Toad knew who he feared more. She was not huge, though perhaps looked it in the confidence with which she moved. And she was a woman. Nevertheless, he dipped his muzzle in a deep bow, holding it for several moments while his tail was still at his haunches.

He rose again, careful not to make eye contact, keeping his posture low. I'm Alejandro, I'm looking for a place to stay and a pack to assist, if you'll have me, He introduced. He could list out his skills then, but thought it right to wait and see at least, if she was willing to listen. She did not seem eager to greet him, and he was unsure why she had a stick up her ass, but he'd wait anyway.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He spoke, but wasted his breath upon her. It was not him at all, it was her. He had caught her in a less than agreeable mood, and her mistrust was extended for all of the Wilds at present. Who could she trust with her children? Who but for her own family and present pack? Present pack, some of which had gone. Kane, who had said he would fight... where had he gone, she wondered?

Where would this one go? 

The matriarch looked him up and down, quiet for a long, drawn out moment while she considered. What are your skills? she inquired then, wondering if he was proficient at anything or if he was a jack of all trades. What sort of man are you, Alejandro? She drawled, ears pricked forward.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
123 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Skills. I'm in pursuit of becoming a mercenary with the proper training, and after leaving my childhood home, I've become rather well-versed with long distance travel... in that way I am a ranger of sorts. Not an inpressive list and yet it was the solid truth, not a lie to seem mediocre but rather that he was indeed, quite average. He did not know whether it would be enough, or not... there were places that searched for the experienced, and then those who searched for the inexperienced to build them up. What sort of place was this, then?