Moonspear Teachings
77 Posts
Ooc — Mai
All Welcome 
Open to any adults, but paging @Hydra!

The older he got, the more curious he became. More intent, more thoughtful, so very much like his father. When his iconic sire stole away from the den or from the family, Saviguk would watch from afar with wonder in his eyes. He was up to something, something all of the adults seemed to take seriously. And he was determined to find out. Every child eventually snuck off after their parents or favorite adult and he was no different.

Old enough to be out on his own for considerable amounts of time unsupervised, the Ice Crystal was content in his own territory. He knew he was safe, with no shortage of eyes, ears and noses always watching over him. Lately, the Spear seemed busier than usual. This he deduced because of the plethora of unfamiliar scents of other wolves, mostly concentrated at or towards the borders. They didn't raise any hairs of alarm on his back. If there was reason for concern, they would have long been chased out. 

Toeing the line that marked the edge of their claim and the lands just beyond, Saviguk was on the trail. He was hopeful for a run in with one of these newer wolves. In with those scents here, was that of his mother, father and Aunt's. The area seemed heavily frequented, enforced with a barrier of pheromonal odor. Guiding his nose to the base of a tree, he sniffed. Deep rooted instincts took over, prompting the boy to mark the already flag posted ground with several vigorous scrapes of his paws. A guardian in the making.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra followed after the trail of her nephew, and before long came across him. She grinned to see him marking the territory, his scents mingling with all the rest. Saviguk, she greeted lowly, coming alongside him, have you anything to report? She drawled, ears cupping forward as her snout worked out who had come and gone in recent hours. Hydra wondered what her nephew would make of their expanding claim, and if he might someday wish to be among those of the Glen to continue their efforts of expansion in what ways he would. 

Or perhaps like his father, and so many before him, he would remain here for the rest of his days. Neither would displease her; why should he not, if that was what he wished? Saviguk was young, and full of potential. No matter his choices, Hydra was certain he would accomplish great things with their family alongside him.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
77 Posts
Ooc — Mai
The youth had been so caught up, so engrossed in dissecting the scents spread before him and casting his own, that he didn't notice the arrival of his wise Aunt Hydra, until she settled beside him. Wide eyed, he flinched, momentarily startled by her sudden appearance. That was his own fault for being so absorbed. Saviguk had an intense streak and often embedded himself deeply into what it was he was doing, or learning. Sometimes too much so. A good guardian had to be aware of all, not just the one. A lesson he had yet to learn.

Quickly recovering from the little jolt of surprise, his tail slipped into a slow wag, a small smile coming over his maturing mug. "Atchaga." He murmured softly in his mother’s native tongue. "I found...some things. Mostly the smell of other wolves...but some I don't recognize. Four, I think." He referred mainly to Leta, Charles, Bronco and Meerkat, the later of the two who had been welcomed into their ranks. "Seems Osris is around them a lot, too." He commented, trying to place the pieces together.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Indeed, she drawled, nodding her head to her nephew. Osiris creates an extension of Moonspear, at my behest, within the Glen. Moonspear is great in number, and come Spring we only stand to grow. When Mira was taken from us within the Glen, I knew we must expand our claim and grip upon this Wilderness to prevent such from occuring again, she continued with a lash of her tail.  Your cousin does well; he has gained followers from the Wilds, as well, she hummed with a hint of pride. 

Looking to Saviguk, she nosed his shoulder gently. Would you someday like to follow in his footsteps, dear nephew? She wondered, pondering about his own ambitions for himself. Or perhaps, like his father and her brothers, he was content to grow here and be one of the many brilliant members Moonspear possessed. This place would be nothing without the pillars of their strength, and Hydra was grateful for and to each and every wolf of the Glen and Moonspear.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
77 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Listening quietly but intently, a glimmer of understanding was held in his Cyan eyes. He nodded once. "Osiris must be proud. And you must be proud of him. It must be a lot to handle though, being an Alpha." He mused, truly ignorant of just how much hard work and intellectual finesse went into the job.

Leaning up into the bump of her touch, he padded along to resume sniffing along their territorial line, pausing now and then. The question his Aunt posed was an interesting one. One that made his brows pinch, showing his deep contemplation. Funny how after his own comment on Osirs' leadership, that now Hydra directed one of the same nature his way.

Finally, he looked up, eyes removed from the ground, towards her face. "I...don't know yet." He was still so young. Savi had no idea if leadership or claiming land of his own was right for him. "I'm sure the more I visit him in the Glen, I will find out, as time goes by." Cyan eyes firmed with more certain look. "But one thing I am sure of, is I want to protect the one's I love and my home."