Sun Mote Copse I've never been what I know I should be oh,
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
There in the distance was Towhee; her distinct markings set the she-wolf apart from all the rest. Her sister had always been a welcome sight, and Hydra warmed to see her. Returning the Firebirds gesture, and sniffing at her, too, to inspect her health and all else, Hydra noticed two peculiar things: the absence of Wraen's scent, and her brothers. Her own visit had been in part to see him, too... but it appeared they were not around. She allowed her sister room to investigate the myriad of scents upon her, too, before withdrawing and concurring verbally, it is, with a sway of her tail. Gesturing to her silver daughter, who had grown much since the last time Towhee had seen her, she drawled for the womans benefit: you remember my daughter, Mintaka, and to her thanks, Hydra hummed, oh, of course—we were both happy to come. Although Hydra much preferred home to anywhere else, even she could appreciate stretching her legs and traveling some. Especially to visit wolves she particularly cared for. 

Ask her something? Hydra wondered what this might be, but judging by body language (tone and tenor was not something she ever went off of with Towhee) it did not seem to be anything that caused her sister any distress. She has been found, she shared, relief evident within her own voice, tired, and exhausted. We are giving her time to rest and recover before anything else now, she drawled. Looking to Mintaka, lest she think her mother was alright with the turn of events (her daughters expedition without sharing with any of her going), she continued, and while we are not pleased with her going without at the very least letting any know... Dirge and I know that the length of her absence was not a choice she had any say in. There were some things that had indicated this to her, but Hydra had yet to pry beyond inspecting every inch of her with nose and eye alike... and then, that some things could not be shared here before her silver daughter. Her voice did not waver, but as she looked back to Towhee the concern there was clear. Mira had been grounded upon her return, which all her cubs knew—but there was hardly any frustration with the sentence on her dark daughters behalf. Relief, more like.

Hydra had no more to share than this on that topic in this moment. She and the Firebird both were aware of all the evils that existed within this world. 

Blinking away those thoughts, Hydra's ears fanned forward. What was it you wanted to ask? She inquired. One ear turned toward her daughter to see how she was doing; if she seemed restless, perhaps she might be able to interact with another of the cubs settled here. But she wondered about her daughters proclivity for ambassadorship herself, what with her enjoyment of travel.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Hydra - October 28, 2020, 08:29 PM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Hydra - October 30, 2020, 10:10 AM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Mintaka - November 07, 2020, 08:36 PM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Towhee - November 09, 2020, 09:27 PM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Hydra - November 09, 2020, 11:54 PM
RE: I've never been what I know I should be oh, - by Towhee - December 06, 2020, 10:43 PM