Haunted Wood she was an orphan but raised by a cousin, who gave her the time
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to Conquest, intrigued by this side of Vengeance. While she knew him plenty, there were certainly aspects she was not privvy to. She had not been his subordinate, after all. Fear and intimidation do have its place, she drawled, knowing that to keep order one must trust the promise of consequence, which was a close relative to fear in the scheme of things, but one should not use these as their way of leadership, by and by. To earn respect is the best way, and that comes with hard work and time. I will show you how to do so, she continued, looking Conquest over. Mintaka was gone, but in her stead came the flamekissed daughter of Vengeance. Potential Hydra would not see wasted. 

She nodded. I shall, she determined. I would like for you to come home with me. Winter comes, and she is ruthless, she began, thoughtful. This was by no means a charity case. Hydra would see that Conquest would accomplish what Vengeance had wished to, and rightly. All while expanding her own grip upon the Wilderness, as Vengeance had agreed to do. Conquest, though, somehow seemed wiser. Hydra preferred working with women, truth be told—and for Vengeance, Hydra would be sure to see Conquest grow into one of the finest, right alongside her own savage daughters.

You can right the wrongs put upon your fathers name, be them falsehood or truth—and learn from me, if you wish, how to lead. And then, as your father had, you can claim the Woods and become a part of the coalition I build to protect this Wilderness, expanding my own claim, she offered. And I will share all I know with you of your father. He may have been hated, but never by me, she had not believed Valour when he spoke of things she imagined to be rumor. If Vengeance had done all of that, Hydra imagined at least one of them she might have heard. 

But even if he had, it did nothing to speak ill of the dead. And Conquest... well, she seemed the right wolf to still the tongues of those who might.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread