Firefly Glen On the Low
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
While it did make sense for her to want to make sure she'd found the right place to settle, he also didn't understand why she chose to travel more, despite being warned so blatantly about the present dangers, in lieu of settling somewhere at least for the winter. He felt confident that he came across as a sincere, and genuinely kind wolf- and took it somewhat personally when she mentioned not trusting a first impression. He took it upon himself to be exactly the wolf he was meant to be- and felt that she would likely see how truely genuine he was if only she decided to trust him but...That was her decision to make. He couldn't force her to trust him, but he didn't like the idea of her trusting the wilderness more than someone like him. Surely, he thought, no one could pretend to be as sincere and good as he was, right?

Little did he know, such deceitful creatures did exist- and that he was talking to one at that very moment. But ignorance was such a blissful thing. 

So he nodded, and offered her a kind smile. "You're wise," He admitted. After all- she might have been safe with the Firefly Glen wolves, but she might not have been truly happy. She might have been better off in Moonspear, or with the Redhawks. Maybe Neverwinter Forest might have suited her- but she had lots of options, and seemed to be faring quite well on her own, all the dangers aside. At least now she was informed; if that was all that he could do for her, then at least he'd done something. 

He had to think a moment to recall the details of what he'd learned of Ursus and the Saints. She'd mentioned only the one, but it was hard for him to pull the details of one pack loose from the other, when they'd once been allied, and had once both been considered dangerous. "I'm trying to remember," He said, as he settled back a bit on his haunches in thought. "I met a spy from the Saints once; a very, very poor one named Nyra Dyrefang. She'd been sent to Neverwinter Forest to spy on them, but myself and a few other Moonspearians found her first and she totally spilled the beans. We were able to warn them of her advance..." He said. It was a bit of a detour, but he had a point to make. 

"The Saints, at that point, were allied with Ursus- but Nyra apparently thought very little of the alliance, and wanted one of the Ursus leaders- a female who I think was named 'Blackbird,'- dead." He recalled the disdain that had been present in Nyra's voice when she'd mentioned Ursus. "The alpha male of Ursus I think...Is named Merrit," He said, oblivious to his error, "And apparently he...Well, I guess he has a reputation for, ehm...Sleeping around, a lot," He said. "Other than that, I can't...I can't really remember which crime belongs to which of the two pack- aside from being fairly certain that the Saints have kidnapped before, and both packs have randomly cornered and attacked pack wolves out in the neutral territories." He said. "Children included," He confessed. It hurt him to think of Miriam's children, and worried him to know that his own younger siblings might be in danger if they ever managed to tear themselves out of Niamh's grasp long enough to fall into trouble. It was possible- it had happened, and it could happen again. 

He heaved a sigh and shrugged solemnly. "I think they're both bloodthirsty, and driven foolish by it. Neither pack is strong enough to front a war against our alliances, so they torture and maim travellers. Not a shred of honour amongst the lot of them," He commented with a slight hiss to his exhale.
Messages In This Thread
On the Low - by Evelynn - November 15, 2020, 05:34 PM
RE: On the Low - by RIP Bronco - November 15, 2020, 10:37 PM
RE: On the Low - by Evelynn - November 19, 2020, 05:21 PM
RE: On the Low - by RIP Bronco - November 19, 2020, 07:22 PM
RE: On the Low - by Evelynn - December 02, 2020, 04:35 PM
RE: On the Low - by RIP Bronco - December 03, 2020, 02:11 PM
RE: On the Low - by Evelynn - December 05, 2020, 03:16 AM
RE: On the Low - by RIP Bronco - December 14, 2020, 09:44 PM
RE: On the Low - by Evelynn - December 22, 2020, 04:51 PM
RE: On the Low - by RIP Bronco - December 22, 2020, 11:11 PM
RE: On the Low - by Evelynn - December 23, 2020, 01:44 AM