Firefly Glen you were a child crawling on your knees toward him.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
From what he could tell, with the timeline he thought he'd figured out, Figment might have been the last wolf to see Fennec- so it surprised him when Figment seemed unaware of whether Fennec had been upset. Then again...Fennec was like a book, locked tightly shut so as not to break its spine and spill forth its secrets. So he couldn't have expected for her to have told Figment everything which meant...He would probably have to. 

"We've been...Off," He said, with a shrug. It disappointed him to have to tell someone else what he'd done, and about how badly he'd failed her when he'd been doing everything that he possibly could to make her happy. "I tried to help her dig out her den, and it collapsed on me. I was buried for like...I dunno how long, but...She was really pissed off, even after she got me out so I think she's mad at me, for that." He explained. He felt like such an idiot. Why had he even thought it was a good idea to try and dig that boulder out, without expecting it to cave in on top of him? His first time really putting an effort into renovating a den, and he'd destroyed it, and nearly killed himself in the process. Fennec's paws had left behind little bloody pawprints when she'd left, so he knew she'd been hurt too- and that it was his fault. 

"And so I brought her a gift, for her garden and she...Tried to show me her new den," He said, and his throat tightened. He licked his lips to try and release some of his tension, but it didn't work. His mouth felt dry, and he felt incredibly vulnerable actually admitting his fear to someone. "But I...I had a panic attack. As soon as I stepped inside, so I...Kind of...Fell out, and knocked the wind outa myself, or something. I couldn't breathe. And she just...I dunno. She didn't come see what was wrong, she just ignored me so I left. And...I didn't really see her, after that," He said. He shrugged lamely, and in a low voice, he continued. "I tried to go in a cave again afterwards but...I just can't. I'm just...Terrified of it. I'm such...A loser," He admitted quietly.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you were a child crawling on your knees toward him. - by RIP Bronco - December 03, 2020, 02:43 PM