Broken Antler Fen I wrote you a letter
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Oh, my... Wraen sighed and thought, how karma liked to work in full circles. Her ears (eyes) to tell everything were Towhee's. And she was Maia's shoulder to cry on. And, perhaps, Maia was Eljay's and Eljay... she could imagine that guy being the equivalent of a quiet and patient bucket, where everyone poured their troubles in, if they decided to do so. She gave her sister a moment to pull herself together, while she went through everything she had been told now and sieved facts from wild assumptions. 

Of course, Wraen had known that Maia's and Eljay's current settlement could not have worked like this forever. She had even discussed this with the spouse-to-be's side of the family. She had hard time believing that the eldest Finwood son was the kind to give an ultimatum, nor to be overly stubborn or unwilling to change. Sure, it had come hard, but she had witnessed him being brave before. She did not see a reason, why he should not be such again. 

"Well... first things first - you never ever drop a bomb on Eljay. You ease him in with patience and gentle coercion, and an honest discussion. Besides he is a head healer at Redhawks with an apprentice to train, two pregnant and needy she-wolves to look after. He cannot just get up and leave. If he was to do so, he would need time to tie things up and hand over the job to Fennec. And be sure that she was able to everything that the pack needs," she told her in a level tone. 

"And as for one of you moving to this or the other pack - it depends, what you want. If it is to continue boyfriend/girlfriend stuff for the rest of the year, I vote you go there now and be happy," she said. "If, however, you want to have a family this season, I suggest you look at things pragmatically. Redhawks have two pregnant she-wolves that will deliver few weeks from now. That means two wolves, who won't be able to leave kids or hunt for themselves for a month or so. They may have a single kid each, they may have twelve or more. Which puts pressure on resources. 

If you go to Redhawks with an intent of having children, you might face a possibility of being denied that chance. As a low ranking member you will be roped in taking care of toddlers of others. With all the love and respect they have there for Eljay, their children will be the utmost priority. No hard feelings, just how survival of the fittest works. Whereas here you not only have a rank and rights to breed, but also plenty of resources in terms of people and hunting opportunities," she continued. 

"And I understand that it feels as if all you need is Eljay in your life and that love will be enough to fill every void, every unhappiness you'll ever feel, but he should not be your sole focus. You need a life and a job outside the relationship, so that it never comes to "you love this more than me" or that you give up too much in favour on the significant other's wishes," Wraen said. "You are new to the leadership and I think that you should not give it up so quickly. There is room for you to learn and grow. Believe me, starting somewhere anew again is not easy," she sighed. "In the end, decision is all yours - I just want you to think it through very, very carefully, before you make a move. And also have an honest and pragmatic discussion with Eljay - hear him out, tell him, what you want and what you need, and you may find a solution that works," she finished.
Messages In This Thread
I wrote you a letter - by Maia - March 03, 2021, 02:02 PM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Wraen - March 04, 2021, 04:22 AM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Maia - March 04, 2021, 10:07 AM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Wraen - March 05, 2021, 04:16 AM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Maia - March 05, 2021, 10:31 AM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Wraen - March 06, 2021, 03:11 AM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Maia - March 07, 2021, 02:04 AM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Wraen - March 07, 2021, 09:49 AM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Maia - March 07, 2021, 02:45 PM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Wraen - March 08, 2021, 12:21 PM
RE: I wrote you a letter - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 10:07 AM