Spotted Eagle Mountain The weak breeze whispers nothing
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Bronco's brow furrowed in confusion, and he lowered his gaze as he tried to figure out what it was that Killdeer meant when he said he was stuck with them. It had a negative connotation and for just a second, he was led to wonder if Killdeer did resent him and Fennec because of the breakup. But it seemed that it wasn't his parents who were the issue- but the weight of the new lives they were starting, with other wolves. He was a seesaw, teetering on a fulcrum, with each parent sitting on either end. Each end had been equally weighted and had been balanced and now, it seemed, both ends were taking on more weight. The seesaw bowed. His son was bearing more weight than he could handle. 

The only clear solution would be to remove the extra weight, but that would mean sacrificing the relationships that he and fennec had started, which wasn't fair to them either. Instead, he wanted to understand why it was that these new relationships felt like such a burden. 

"Well. The bad news is, yes, you're stuck with us, kiddo." He rolled his eyes, a smile teasing at the corner of his mouth. He reached out to give his son a light cuff to his shoulder; a gesture both playful and affectionate. Bronco's boyish gestures were never anything but that- light, weak, as though he was too timid to even incite a playful spar. "Tell me you're stuck with me again an' I'll get you stuck in a groundhog hole with your arse hangin' out, Varmint," An empty threat, more intended to ignite his son's sense of humour. His features softened easily, though. Joking wouldn't get them through all of the tough conversations they'd need to have, and he took his son's feelings seriously. 

"Well...We want you to have your own life, Killdeer. And the last thing your Mom and I would want to do, is to keep you from doing what makes you happy. You're an adult, so if something we're doing is upsetting you, then yeah, tell us. We're not perfect, and if we're doing something wrong, or something that's weighing on you or holding you back from your own stuff...You can tell us, just like you are now." He said. It had seemed as though Killdeer had been ready to boil over- perhaps if he felt more comfortable not holding everything in, he'd have less steam to blow off in one go. 

"Do you know what it is about my relationship with Teya that bothers you?" He asked. Maybe with some gentle leading, he could coax some answers out of Killdeer. "Are you worried about how it might effect our time together? Or is it more that...That it's like...Well, now that Fennec and I are both seeing someone, it's for sure now, that we won't get back together, and...Maybe you'd been holding on to some hope that we might?" He squinted. He was offering suggestions just in case it was easier for Killdeer to manage a 'yes' or 'no' reply.
Messages In This Thread
The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - November 16, 2022, 02:05 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - November 19, 2022, 12:34 AM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - November 19, 2022, 05:45 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - November 23, 2022, 05:46 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - November 23, 2022, 06:52 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - November 26, 2022, 09:23 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - November 27, 2022, 12:58 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - November 27, 2022, 09:03 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - November 27, 2022, 10:37 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - December 02, 2022, 06:11 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - December 02, 2022, 06:36 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - December 02, 2022, 06:59 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - December 02, 2022, 07:35 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - December 20, 2022, 08:30 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - December 20, 2022, 08:52 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - December 22, 2022, 01:13 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - December 22, 2022, 01:56 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - December 29, 2022, 07:57 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - January 01, 2023, 04:34 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by Killdeer - January 16, 2023, 10:17 PM
RE: The weak breeze whispers nothing - by RIP Bronco - January 25, 2023, 02:55 PM