Moonspear My Shangri-la, I can't forget
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
StoryTeller, Trader, Healer. It didn't seem there was much of a need of his certain skill set. Though that didn't deter him, he did wonder if he should settle in the Teekon as he had planned or if he should keep wandering further into the wilds and away from this place. Today was not a day to make such decisions. Instead he was honoring the first wolf he had met here, who had shown him kindness and he was heading to the sacred space she spoke so highly of. However.

As he walked he was struck with a wall of piss and fur and scents and stopped. Sialuk had told him he had permission to enter into the Moonspear, but now. There was a territory here and he felt intrusive. He stood for a moment undecided, but then he lifted his muzzle to the sky and sent a questioning howl.

Then he settled at the borders, he unwound the fur from around his neck, long and slinky, worn in places. He would probably need to get a new one this year, maybe a weasel or an otter, bigger, sturdier than rabbit.

He took stock of his inventory. The plants he so carefully coveted and a furrow drew in his brow as the amounts he once had didn't boast such high numbers anymore. Before he went anywhere, he would to stay until spring to stock back up.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She opened her eyes to a new day, though Meerkat didn’t move from her sleeping place. She raised her head and blinked her eyes clear, feeling a slight lurch in her gut as she remembered she was on Moonspear. For so long, she had woken to the sights, smells and sounds of the seaside. Everything here was so different.

But this was a good thing, she reminded herself as she rose and began to stretch. She dipped forward into downward dog when a howl sounded in the distance. Meerkat blinked and straightened. She still felt a little poorly, though she decided she felt up to an investigation. Surely Sialuk would beat her there anyway.

Meerkat tiptoed away from her sleeping family members, then trotted slowly downhill toward the borderline. A stranger with a swarthy pelt and a lean build stood at the edge of Moonspear’s brand new claim. He was fussing with what looked like a skin of some kind, drawing Meerkat’s eye for a moment.

Drawing closer but still maintaining a cautious distance, she hearkened to her own mother and said, Hello, can I ask you to state your names and business?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric was happy to sit here all day and sort through his herbs. He was also absolutely pleased to get up and leave. That was the good thing about being the kind of wolf that he was. He didn't get to fussed.

Whisper of footpaws on sharp rock and he lifted green eyed gaze to swing his head in the direction of them. Then a voice reached out across the divide and curled through his ears. One tilt forward, one tilt back and he dipped his muzzle in a show of deference. Keeping his body neutral.

I'm Alaric Willow. Trader, Storyteller, Healer. I came to collect the stories of MoonSpear with Sialuk's permission. But once I got here. Well I smelled more wolves and figured I'd better get permission again before i went traipsing all over your pack borders like some kind of interloper.

He smiled and shifted so she could see the fur pelt at his paws, the herbs layered and nicely organized. he didn't want her to think he was lying.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
He had come to hear of Moonspear’s history and she could think of no one more suited to the task than Sialuk. But her friend hadn’t appeared. It was early, perhaps she was still asleep?

Thank you for minding the borders, Alaric, Meerkat said, especially since they were quite fresh, the claim vulnerable in its newness. Are you good friends with Sialuk? she asked for a reason, managing a small, patient smile for the visitor.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It wasn't so much that he wanted the history of the place, but rather to walk places others did. To form stories from what he could find. See if in someway the world whispered to him on Moonspear.

Alaric gave her his telltale impish grin and shook his head. As much as I'd like to say yes. I'm afraid that'd be a lie.

He shifted and smoothed his brow out. Sialuk was the first wolf i met when i entered the Teekon. I have a sister in Brechliant now, but her scent had been at Moonglow. So I met Sialuk and Kukutux there. Then Lady Kukutux invited me to a.

He tilted his head on how to say it. A gathering of younger wolves who are unattached to see if I could or would strike someones fancy. Seems I didn't, but I talked to Sialuk there again. And then headed up this way after departing from the revelry and good faces i met.

He looked over the woman again. Could I ask your name? Or you prefer to keep it out of strangers reach? 

He could respect it if she didn't like to share her name.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
He spoke familiar names and mentioned the party Sialuk had told her about some days ago. Satisfied, she dipped her snout in acknowledgement.

Of course. It’s Meerkat. It’s nice to meet you, Alaric. She paused, considering. You’re welcome to come inside, so long as you stay close to me. We can look for Sialuk, if you like.

She felt protective of this new home, not to mention its inhabitants, including the children residing in her womb. But if Kukutux and Sialuk vouched for this man, then Meerkat would trust that he only had good intentions here.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric was a wolf that had learned to adapt. He knew well the worth of names and sharing thrm. He never utilized this to his own beefit in a cruel way, but. To put others at ease he could share such things.

Well met Meerkat. 

Her suggestion had merit and so he gave his affirmation. He bwnt to the task of putting herbs away and rolling the pwck up and se uring it around his throat with small hide strips and hard rock pieces.

He stepped near her, but kept a respectable distance. 

Pleaseead the way.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
He gathered what looked like herbs, setting them on the skin before rolling it into a pouch, which he tethered around his throat. Meerkat could only watch in fascination. She was no medic, yet she could think of a thousand other uses for such a thing.

If you don’t mind my asking, what is that? And how did you make it? Meerkat prompted as she motioned for him to follow her uphill.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric had learned to do this from mother. But it had been somw time since he made one. So he had to think and remember. There were other ways to use it.

Mmm squirrel skin. Though otter or weasel would be better. Bore holes in the edges same spot on either side. I use a claw. Then get a rock or small branch that will fit in both. The key is to roll it tightly so nothing moves. Then just practice until you can get the stick in the bore holes.

He didn't make a bawdy joke but it was at the back of his mind.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She listened closely as he explained. It sounded pretty doable, though she imagined what seemed easy in theory was more difficult in practice. Nonetheless, Meerkat decided she would like to try making such a thing. What if she could fashion one large enough to carry a pup?

That’s extremely clever, she said to Alaric. I’d love to have one, so I may have to ask Njord to find me a skin. He’s my mate, she added.

He and Stingray were presumably still at their temporary ulaq, fast asleep. Meerkat was fairly certain Sialuk must be nestled away someplace too, otherwise she would never ignore a call. Or perhaps she was still away? Either way, Meerkat realized she might have to entertain their guest on her own a while longer.

Although she wasn’t entirely certain she was up to the task, Meerkat tried by saying, Tell me about yourself, Alaric. Are you part of a pack? as they continued uphill.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It wasn't hard. He found the hardest parts were the tight roll and the branches in the the hole whne it was around your neck.

He chuckled. My mom was the clever one behind it. I was just taught. Njord. 

He repeated the foreign name to himself. He windered what it would sound like in the cajin french his family had used.

He shook his head. Not since i was a pup. My family before my dad settled would travel
And trade healing, stories for rest and food. Shelter from a storm etc. And my moms family were nomads. So i guess i just always been one to wander. Though, home doesnt sound half bad anymore.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
When he said he hadn’t been pledged to a pack since childhood, Meerkat turned to look at him, assessing. She would’ve guessed they were around the same age. That was a long time to be on one’s own. She thought of her younger brother, Caracal, and knew a nomadic lifestyle suited some.

But he’d recently found a home base, hadn’t he? And it sounded like Alaric might be looking to put down some roots too. At the very least, he seemed open to the idea.

Moonspear could use a trader slash storyteller slash healer, she ventured. It’s technically a new claim, as I’m sure you know, Meerkat continued, offering a questioning glance, but there’s a lot of history here. It is going to be a great village once again, better even than it was before.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric had been part of packs, but not a permanent member. He had liked it that way. But if he could make a life with still traveling but have a place to westher storms and well weather it might be worth it.

Alaric listened and let his green eyes roam over different areas of the place. It was pretty up here and there were healing herbs to be had in rock faces. And if he could show a little kindness to a she wold that had shown him. He nodded.

Did you stay here before too?
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Especially after the arduous trek she and her family had taken across the wilderness not so many days ago, it didn’t take much to wear her down at present. Meerkat guided Alaric to a ledge, then sat heavily.

I was part of the original Moonspear, yes, she said after catching her breath, but only briefly. It’s Sialuk’s birthright and she could tell you so much more than I can. But I do know one thing: we could use able-bodied members, Meerkat spoke plainly.

After giving him a moment to process that and take a couple more deep breaths, she told him, I think Sialuk may actually be away. If she gave you her blessing to visit, I will give you free reign to explore. I’d come with you but I recently underwent a very difficult journey, to say the least, and it turns out I just don’t have the energy yet.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric had noticed her lagging and he had pressed it to the back of his mind. She would tell him if she needed help right?

A frown played with his black maw and green eyes assessed.

Might you be pregnant?

He held up a paw with a smile. I only ask because i have some herbs that couls help you, but some are safe during pregnancy and some aren't and I'm well aware what season it is. And i will atay with your moonspear
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Especially now that she was showing a little, the question wasn’t at all untoward. But Meerkat hesitated to accept herbs from Alaric. He seemed nice but he hadn’t earned her trust in any meaningful way. In any case, she would prefer to consult with Sialuk about these matters.

Thank you for offering. I’ll be alright but, yes, I am expecting. They’re due in another month or so, Meerkat shared.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric nodded, but said no more. She didn't want his help very well. But how could he earn the right to even be a healer in Moonspear if he wasn't trusted. But that was neither here nor there. 

He dipped his muzzle down. I will let you rest. I'll stay near the borders until Sialuk comes back. I hope you have a good day.

Then he headed the way they had come. She had offered him a place to stay and stay he would.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,945 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Rest was all she really needed, aside from her missing son. She dipped her head gratefully when Alaric offered to leave her alone. He said he would remain near the borders to await Sialuk’s return, the comment only really registering in full after he’d already moved back the way they’d come.

See you, she said quietly to herself.

With a groan, she eased down onto her belly. She felt a twinge of guilt for leading Alaric up this way under false pretenses, although Meerkat hadn’t known… or at least, genuinely hadn’t recollected until it was too late. But there wasn’t much time to dwell on it, as sleep was quick to claim the weary wolf.