Moonspear I'm Growing Tired and time stands still before me
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Alaric pressed his nose down towards the roots of the trees that grew in thick foliage all around. They were bare for now, but they would grow in and be beautiful. His plan today was to find a place to sleep. He had never slept in a den since he was quite small, and he wasn't sure if he still wanted too, but he wanted to at least find a place to sleep. Preferably somewhere where he could grow a garden in time.

Evergreen gems met the sky and a small smile lit up his face. It was beautiful on the spear. He was quite glad he came here. He had already started going through the stories he had to tell to the younglings that belonged to Meerkat, and he wanted to also start a collection of small bones and toys. It was always a good thing to have something for a child to play with or chew on while fixing an ailment.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She felt a little queasy this afternoon. Had she eaten something bad for lunch or could “morning” sickness come on later in the day? Meerkat didn’t want to risk making a mess of the ulaq, so she picked her way to the nearby waterway. She took a drink, then decided to go for a walk. She would go slowly, take it easy.

Her meandering led her to Alaric. If he was here in the heart of the territory, he must’ve spoken to Sialuk and joined the ranks. Meerkat’s tail twitched at the thought. Trying her best to ignore her nausea, she ventured closer to the man.

Alaric, it’s good to see you, she greeted.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Broad shoulders pointed down, down and he lifted his head as a voice spoke, silken and feminine. Green eyes searched for a moment as he came back to earth and not on minds eye in the wings. He offered a smile. 

Hello Lady Meerkat! he called out. 

He studied her and the fur skin nearby he nosed at it and placed some peppermint near the ground. 

I don't know how your stomach feels, but that may help if it hurts. I was looking around for a garden and reminded myself.

He chuckled and looked her over again. Reminding myself to get small bones and other chew things for pups. They don't like to talk to a healer, and it helps to have them distracted and everyone deserves a treat after an appointment with a healer.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
What were the odds that he would be gathering herbs for the very thing that ailed her? Meerkat blinked as he nosed some peppermint toward her. Could wolves possess psychic powers?

She still preferred to consult Sialuk for treatment, though she was passingly familiar with the minty leaves and saw no harm in indulging Alaric this time. She nipped a few into her mouth and chewed while he talked of finding prizes for young patients.

That’s a really good idea. I know you didn’t ask for advice and you probably already know this but as a mother, I can’t help but remind you not to make them too small. Pups like to choke on just about everything, Meerkat said with a friendly wave of her tail.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He hadn't been gathering as much as he always had peppermint on hand, it was one of his favorite herbs. It was nice to chew on sometimes too just for the taste, but he only did that when he had an abundance of it.

I like the taste of mint. Will sometimes chew it just because.

He heard her words and curled an ear towards her. A small smile on his face. That is why I prefer hooves or antlers, big enough that it won't hurt them.

He blinked and smiled at her. What brings you out on this day today? Just walking? That's good for littles.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She nodded at both his remarks, though Meerkat didn’t deign to patronize him when he was the one with formal medical training. Her mouth did taste a bit better, though her stomach still felt sour. Whether or not she had eaten something bad for lunch, she had a feeling she was going to reacquaint with it from one end or the other in the near future.

Yes, just out for a walk, Meerkat agreed mildly distractedly. I know it’ll get to a point where I have to stay on bedrest until they’re born but I—I’m sorry, excuse me, Alaric.

Without any further warning than that, Meerkat pivoted on a heel and raced toward the privacy of a nearby thicket. For several seconds, she stood there, not entirely sure which end was going to explode. Perhaps both. In the end, her mouth opened on a great belch right before she vomited up the contents of her stomach with a complementary spring of peppermint.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He watched her knew what was coming and he prepared himself for it. Fully expecting stomach contents and bile to splash on his feet. Honestly it wouldn't be the first and it would be one of the more milder things to land on his feet. He was a healer so such things didn't bother him, necessarily. Was it gross sure, but he could handle it.

He moved away from her for a moment a nearby stream his intent. Grasping an edge of ice, he snapped it off and carried it back. He laid it along the fur snapping off the piece that had been in his maw, and pressing it foward.

With a nod he motioned. Lick it. If you chew pieces only small ones. Does something different help your stomach? I may have it. Every pregnancy and every woman is different. He went back to sorting his herbs, but kept a weather eye on her.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Once the heaving ceased, her stomach settled. Meerkat backed out of the thicket, eager to put some space between herself and the puddle of sick. She returned to where she’d left Alaric, right at the same time he came back with a piece of ice in his mouth. She blinked as he set it down and nosed a chunk toward her.

I don’t know, she answered his question honestly. I don’t think it’s the pregnancy. I think I just ate something off, she added before bending to lick at the ice, if only to rinse some of the bitter taste out of her mouth.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric continued what he had been doing, but he kept a practiced eye on the thicket and the foliage. Some wolves preferred to be alone when they were sick, some wanted company. He didn't know the sweet Missus Meerkat well enough to know what she would want so he would wait.

Sometimes your body can act strange with things that you normally would have ate just fine while pregnant. I apologize if the Mint made it worse.

He tilted his head. I'm sure you know what to do but be sure to get rest and drink lots of water. That will help, but sip at it. Don't drink it too fast. My mother says she preferred ice though.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Meerkat felt a whole lot better for vomiting, as unpleasant as it had been. She kept licking at the ice as Alaric mused about the possible causes, then urged her to take it easy and hydrate.

If it’s alright with you, I may take this, she said, sitting up and pointing at the remaining ice, back to my ulaq.

Now that the nausea had passed, she wasn’t afraid of throwing up all over their brand new home. And though she felt better, Meerkat knew she shouldn’t push herself, especially while carrying pups. Getting off her feet was probably for the best.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A soft nod. I'll drop some more off later for you. Do you need help or can you make it?

he stopped what he was doing to put his sole attention on her and easy smile on his face. He had no qualms taking a break and making sure she got to her den. Especially when she carried the future of Moonspear.

He would make sure to drop ice off later, and perhaps for the foreseeable future he would deliver some when he had time.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Oh, thank you, but neither one of those is necessary. We’re not far from the water and I know Njord will look after me. But thank you, Alaric.

She shot him a small smile, then latched onto the hunk of ice. It made her teeth ache, though it wasn’t too long a walk to their den nestled beneath the gnarled tree. Nodding once more to her pack mate, Meerkat turned and set a gentle loping pace back toward the ulaq.