Swiftcurrent Creek [m] Fallen to her knees, but you couldn't ever tell
Hushed Willows
1,524 Posts
Ooc — xynien

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Suicidal ideation
Arric had advice for each of her problems, despite that Reverie had not asked for it. Part of her was grateful, but part of her was entirely anxious with his reassurance. Maybe it was just stress keeping her from dancing, and maybe Lestan was just worried rather than unhappy. But... what if neither of those things were true?
What if she never danced again?
What if Lestan didn't want her anymore?
Standing here in an unfamiliar place, venting her most intimate worries to an unfamiliar face with nowhere else to turn, Reverie felt for the first time that she truly did not want to keep on living. That thought startled her. She'd thought before that it might be easier to just — stop existing — but never before had Reverie wanted... well...
She wanted to sleep and never wake up. She wanted to slip away and find one of those herbs her father had warned her against, something that would take her quickly and quietly and without much fuss. She wanted to be absolved of everything, all of these burdens she'd taken upon herself, without feeling the pain of loss that would surely accompany such a separation. She swallowed and pushed the thought away, but it lingered in the background even as she answered Arric.
I can't seem to - clear my head. I just keep... thinking about things that make me upset, Reverie explained, feeling more strained than ever. But she tried not to show it too much.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
RE: Fallen to her knees, but you couldn't ever tell - by Reverie - March 02, 2023, 07:51 PM