Swiftcurrent Creek [m] Fallen to her knees, but you couldn't ever tell
Hushed Willows
1,524 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie was slightly horrified by the implications, all of them. Did Arric really think of her as Lestan's woman? And was she really doing something wrong just by talking to Arric? That thought unsettled her, the idea that it was somehow taboo to speak of her feelings with anyone but Lestan. But...
She was trying to trust Arric, and she certainly did not want to betray Lestan. As often as she found herself attracted to others, Reverie did not love them the way she loved him. She would never cross that line. Her own father had been so adamant, so intensely hateful of even the mere mention of infidelity. It was wrong, it was evil, it was the cruelest thing to do to a man, especially when children were involved —
She had to fight the spiral of thoughts about her father, her family. This was one teaching of her father's that she would not question, however. To be led astray from a lover was the highest form of betrayal, and she would not do that to Lestan. I - I don't - I don't want you. She swallowed the words and said instead, I don't mean anything by it. I'm sorry. I'll - talk to him.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m] Fallen to her knees, but you couldn't ever tell - by Reverie - March 06, 2023, 01:35 PM