Swiftcurrent Creek [m] Fallen to her knees, but you couldn't ever tell
Hushed Willows
1,524 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie was overwhelmed. Arric said a number of things that startled her, and left her somewhat dazed by the end of it all. Lestan was upset about her dancing with Arric, and he hadn't told her. Hadn't breathed a word of it. Out of everything, that stood out the most to her, because frankly it was upsetting. She was trying so very hard to trust Lestan to voice his feelings! But he was not; he was keeping secrets, or at least one.
But Arric thought that she made Lestan happy, and that alone kept her from storming off to find him and question him. Reverie's frustration wilted into something subdued and guilty. Maybe she had been wrong to dance with Arric. I understand, She said quietly. So it was okay to speak with Arric, just — no dancing. That thought made her a little sad. But if Lestan wanted her to dance only with him, she would.
She was realizing she would do almost anything for Lestan. More importantly, she was realizing that she really did need to talk to him about this.
Do you really think I make Lestan happy? Reverie couldn't stop herself, couldn't keep the note of hope from her voice. That was all she wanted, really; for someone to be happy with her, even as broken as she was. Bjarna had been for a time... but then Reverie had broken that too, and made her cry, and left. She always left.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m] Fallen to her knees, but you couldn't ever tell - by Reverie - March 08, 2023, 06:59 AM