Trēow
130 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
All Welcome 
[Image: W5J.gif]

I am the wind in our hair!

I am the heartbeat in our chest!

We are alive!

The wild girl ran across the snow crust taiga beneath a thin sliver of crescent moon.

Home.

She thinks of her family. Her pack.

She has chased the herds of elk. Followed the snowshoe hair. Stalked the partridge.

Her body is lean and corded. Not an ounce of fat remained. Yet her expression is bright and vibrant. She smelled of the tundra; of pine and loam.

A little fall of snow. The wind guides her back! Yes… she can sense them!

Moon Runner howled.

image from wolf's rain
Redtail Rise
Ulfhedinn*
647 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Deerstalker
Tracker
Guardian
moon runner was home.

her father's answering howl was exuberant, bounding from redtail to bloodwood, and it was painted in both these scents that he came to find her.

his yellow eyes found a girl growing into a hunter, one who was fragranced in the evergreen and the stories of each place she had gone.

mountain boulder's voice rumbled in love and delight; the huntlead loped close with whisking tail and decorated moon runner in kisses and many whines, knowing soon they would be joined by @New Snow and @Saturdays Sunrise.

his family was complete.

and now their choice could be made.
Redtail Rise
Trēow
130 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Moon Runner heard Father’s voice and went to him.

She overflowed with joy! Quickly, they connected and the young hunter felt herself fall back into place; her place.

Moon Runner’s low tail swept side to side as she slung low and bounced with excited and erratic movements, kicking up snow. She kissed and nibbled at Father’s jaw while she whistled happy notes. I cannot contain my happiness! the spirit said.

It felt good to take in his familiar scent. Life in the wilderness had been novel. Educational. But it had been lonely and challenging. She shoved her nose into his ruff and found his scent had morphed. New places. New wolves. She was curious and excited to see how the Rise had fared, unaware of the difficulties the pack had recently faced.
Pledged
Dragonspine
862 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Masquerade watched the reunion from a distance, their lips curving into a soft smile as their long tail swayed. They stilled the muscles that twitched in the youngster’s direction, though they did not bother to hold back the yip of welcome that rippled in their throat. They were overjoyed to see Sunset—Moon Runner, now—return to the rise, though the Caru wanted to give the natal family a few moments to themselves.

Please feel free to skip!
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Redtail Rise
Bjern
98 Posts
Ooc — H2O
flame stalker could hear her voice. 

and even within her heart, her own spirit calls towards her sister-- her better half.

a thundering howl of greeting sweeps through the rise as sunrise gallops towards Moon Runner, her heart throbbing with such a desire to remain full and content with her sister's presence. they had both changed and perhaps for the better of their roles. moon runner grew slim and taught, sunrise could see the sleek muscle and smell the scents that graced her wonderous coat.

flame stalker has become heavier-set, taking more after her father each day as her muscle slowly develops into a thickening set of armor. perhaps a blind eye would not see the resemblance between them. yet the same blood coursed through their veins. her approach didn't slow, and chances are she'd come barreling into both her father and moon runner, and probably send the snow scattering as her pink tongue finds solace over her sister's face with glorious whines and growls of her undying affection.

Sunrise is a nonverbal character and communicates using facial expression, body language, and primitive vocalization. Please see her pawprints for more details on threading with her! 
Redtail Rise
Caru*
310 Posts
Ooc — ???
Sunrise and Sunset, together again! New Snow howled out in greeting, and began to sprint toward where her family awaited. She herself had been elsewhere—neither the Bloodforest or the Rise, but even further tracking a migrating herd that the wind had revealed to her. Fortune favored the hunters, for it seemed they were naturally drifting the way of the wolves.

That was when the songs had first rang out! 

New Snow ran many miles, and had many more to go before she arrived. But her path was easy, and she ran through the same path she had carved on the way here. With the wind at her back, and nothing in her way, New Snow would be upon them soon! 

en route post!
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
also feel free to skip!

There were many newcomers these days.

Now, a returner. Moon Runner was back. 

The boy follows the sound of her voice and watches the reunion from afar. He spies the familiar face of his favorite Caru, who is doing the same, and quietly joins their side with a soft woof. His tail, wagging joyously, thwacks against their flank.
[Image: 3-F65-E08-A-A70-E-4-B2-A-BE3-E-C6805-BA727-B2.png]
Redtail Rise
Trēow
130 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Moon Runner could hear Blood Spot and Shadow. Mother, too, sang in the distance! She scanned the treeline and looked for their familiar silhouettes. But suddenly, Sister’s voice dwarfed them all! She thundered from the forest scrim and quickly bowled over Moon Runner, who couldn’t have been more overjoyed.

She fawned over Sister – whistled, whined, and licked her face. Dancing around. Bowing in the snow! Only two months apart and Sister had grown into a formidable guardian. Moon Runner felt dwarfed by her.

My other half, the spirit said, oh how I have missed you.

The young she-wolf had learned many things alone in the wilds… but most importantly, she now knew nothing could ever replace the kinship she felt with Sister.

Then, Moon Runner mingled between Father and Sister in circles like a school of fish. She took their scents and refreshed her own. Her eyes caught Blood Spot’s and Shadow’s.

Join us! The spirit called.
Redtail Rise
Ulfhedinn*
647 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Deerstalker
Tracker
Guardian
they bonded.

they replenished scents upon one another.

mountain boulder was sonorous in his calls; soon new snow would join them.

his yellow eyes looked proudly at moon runner. had she come to stay? or was there more wandering yet to do?
Pledged
Dragonspine
862 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Mulherin sidled up beside them and Masquerade rumbled an affectionate note. They reached out to nibble at his cheek before looking toward the reuniting family again.

Eventually, Moon Runner caught their eye. Nudging their brother, the Caru trotted closer. Masquerade held their head and tail higher than everyone’s, save Augur’s, conveying their new role to their prodigal daughter.

Welcome home, they said, brushing their nose against the bridge of Moon Runner’s pale muzzle, then laving a soft lick to her damp nose.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)