Moonspear I awoke only to find my lungs empty
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
A giddy part of Bronco was prepared to see something big and ominous perched in the trees above them, ready to drop down on them like something out of a horror movie- but there was nothing, only an opening in the trees that let the water fall through. He blinked when a couple droplets splashed on his muzzle but when he shook his head, he finally caught a snippet of Towhee's voice. He nodded silently as Meerkat tuned in to listen as well, noting the way she tilted her head. The motion was something he'd assumed was a quirk, a little physical tic that she'd developed as a habit, the same way he'd developed a habit of shrugging a lot. But a thought that had struck him earlier pinged a memory in his mind...But now wasn't necessarily the time to address that theory. 

-"The Glade,"- He repeated softly. -"Wow. It must be even more flooded down there than it was when we visited,"- He observed. The whole pack, moving to the Glade? That'd take a day and a half, at least, he figured. He was concerned, though, that the news might come as being unsettling to his little sister, who might feel uncomfortable knowing her mother was moving further away. -"Hey, they'll be alright, y'know?"- He said, softly.

There was fear in her wide-eyed stare, so he nudged her cheek gently, before he reached to pull her against his chest with his chin for a gentle hug. He pulled her close, and had to resort to simply speaking, being unable to fumble with ptero while holding his sister tight. "They're just doing what's safest, so we know they'll be OK. I mean, she even took the time to make sure we know, so it can't be that much of an emergency." He said. It made sense to him, at least. "Here," He said, pulling back so that he could howl without having Meerkat's ear up against his chest. In response, he informed Towhee (or whoever might be capable of being her ears) that they would stay put, and stay safe- and wished them a safe journey. Speaking for both of them, he tacked on a loud, poignant We love you so that the message might be conveyed to all their family members.
Messages In This Thread
I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by RIP Bronco - August 25, 2020, 12:20 PM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by Meerkat - August 30, 2020, 11:17 PM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by RIP Bronco - September 01, 2020, 09:45 AM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by Meerkat - September 01, 2020, 10:16 AM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by RIP Bronco - September 01, 2020, 10:58 AM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by Meerkat - September 01, 2020, 11:29 AM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by RIP Bronco - September 01, 2020, 11:44 AM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by Meerkat - September 01, 2020, 12:03 PM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by RIP Bronco - September 01, 2020, 12:13 PM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by Meerkat - September 01, 2020, 12:19 PM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by RIP Bronco - September 01, 2020, 12:40 PM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by Meerkat - September 01, 2020, 12:46 PM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by RIP Bronco - September 01, 2020, 01:10 PM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by Meerkat - September 01, 2020, 01:18 PM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by RIP Bronco - September 01, 2020, 01:43 PM
RE: I awoke only to find my lungs empty - by Meerkat - September 01, 2020, 03:12 PM