Swiftcurrent Creek [m] Nothing will stop me; you crave the creature in me
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Of all the answers Lestan could have given, Reverie truly did not expect this one. She could have respected it, if he had said that he simply did not want her anymore. She could have understood, if he had told her that her behavior was upsetting him. Instead —
Inabilities? She repeated, a slow sort of indignation stirring in her voice and in her eyes, but she tried to soften it for his sake. He was clearly quite distressed. Lestan, I - Reverie took a breath and forced her tone into something gentle. I never asked you to - do anything for me. I don't want anyone to try to fix me. And I thought -
She swallowed, and the tears started to come then. I thought you didn't want me to change. Wasn't that the promise that had led her in? The promise of love without conditions, without the expectation that one day she would magically get better and be normal. Reverie could understand if Lestan was realizing that he could not keep that promise, but — the solution, then, was for him to find someone more suitable for him. Even if it hurt, even if it broke her heart, Reverie would sooner have that than him trying to change her.
She would never let anyone do that again.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Nothing will stop me; you crave the creature in me - by Reverie - March 03, 2023, 10:02 PM