Swiftcurrent Creek [m] Nothing will stop me; you crave the creature in me
Pledged
Party City
1,546 Posts
Ooc — xynien
But he did want her to change —
And maybe she wanted that too, but Reverie could hardly stand the thought of building another love on the expectation of what she might one day be. What if she never became what he hoped for? What if she turned into something else entirely? But Lestan was crumbling, and so was she, and Reverie could not find it in herself to voice these worries. She was making him cry, as she'd made Bjarna cry, and now she remembered what she'd told Arric.
All I do is hurt people.
She shifted to press close to him, to tuck herself against him in sudden reassurance. Whatever else she might have felt right then, Reverie loved Lestan deeply. She couldn't bear to be the source of his tears. I'm sorry, She said softly. I - I feel safe with you. Safer than I've ever felt before. I've never - I haven't stayed in one place like this before. I'm trying to get better on my own, and I think I'm making progress. It just... takes time.
Reverie took a breath. I'm not going to leave you. I - how can I make this easier? For you? I don't want to hurt you.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Nothing will stop me; you crave the creature in me - by Reverie - March 03, 2023, 11:14 PM